Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a 2018 GTS. First Porsche for me. PPI came back clean and dealer wanted it off their lot. Rained on my maiden drive home and was stuck in traffic for the most part. My wife asked me why am I constantly opening the door to the garage? Because I can't believe this is my car! 22k miles, one owner who took very good care of it. Time for me to read up on all the good info here.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Just picked up a 2018 GTS. First Porsche for me. PPI came back clean and dealer wanted it off their lot. Rained on my maiden drive home and was stuck in traffic for the most part. My wife asked me why am I constantly opening the door to the garage? Because I can't believe this is my car! 22k miles, one owner who took very good care of it. Time for me to read up on all the good info here.
View attachment 29861
Congratulations on a beautiful GTS. Buy two King size Microfiber flat bed sheets sew the together and you will have a cover to keep the dust off in your garage. Its very little money well worth spending.

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Gorgeous - Should stay clean looking with that color choice. Nice wheels. Very Jealous. I will be looking for an S or GTS for my next 718. Welcome to the Group!! If its like most of us...always fun to get into this car and drive it. (NEVER GETS OLD).

I think first night I got my 718 Boxster I pretty much lived in the garage...Waxing it. Programming Homelink / PCM stations / Settings /etc. etc.
Take care of it - its a beauty.

ONLY Mod I would suggest is possibly the clear (LED) turn signals up front - very inexpensive and easy easy to replace...Check out Suncoast Porsche Parts ...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gorgeous - Should stay clean looking with that color choice. Nice wheels. Very Jealous. I will be looking for an S or GTS for my next 718. Welcome to the Group!! If its like most of us...always fun to get into this car and drive it. (NEVER GETS OLD).

I think first night I got my 718 Boxster I pretty much lived in the garage...Waxing it. Programming Homelink / PCM stations / Settings /etc. etc.

ONLY Mod I would suggest is possibly the clear (LED) turn signals up front - very inexpensive and easy easy to replace...Check out Suncoast Porsche Parts ...
Thanks! I know where I'll be if it rains all weekend. I did order the clear side markers and a license plate holder since I hate the dealership ones. You reminded me I need to do the home link!

·
Registered
182 Posts

Suncoast is not the only player in town. Check out Porsche 718 side marker clear LED turn signals at Autotecknic for $80.00 a pair.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh yeah, kind of weird but I went to check out the manual and both the orignal sticker and manuals are for a Cayenne S. The dealer that sold it was not a Porsche so not sure what happened. Really wanted the sticker as I thought I might frame it for my garage.

·
Registered
2021 Cayman GTS 4.0
590 Posts
When I picked up my order I just asked my sales person if he could get the clear side markers and he just ordered them gratis without quibbling.

Also, I spend an inordinate amount of time staring at my 718.

As I had heard once, "if you don't look back at your car when you're walking away from it, you have the wrong car." (Maybe applicable to your woman too. 👀)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Congratulations, like the color. I have mine 2 months and just love it more every time I drive it. I too was sitting in it trying to get everything setup. I cannot wait for warmer weather because the tires are tough in the cold until warmed up.

·
Registered
2018 718 Boxster GTS in GT silver metallic, manual 6speed
10 Posts
Suncoast is not the only player in town. Check out Porsche 718 side marker clear LED turn signals at Autotecknic for $80.00 a pair.
Don’t know about the autotecknic quality but I did order the ones from Suncoast. When they arrived I was surprised to see the clear ones from Suncoast are actually Porsche OEM - for their European deliveries - top quality. I am disappointed I owned my 718 a month before ordering them. Looks fantastic. Congrats!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts