Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After what seems like an eternity, I finally collected my brand new CGTS 4.0 from the OPC yesterday.

It‘s my first ever Porsche and although it’s early days, I’ve got to say… it lives up to everything I’d hoped for. The running in period is going to seem to take forever before I finally get to see what it really can do.

A quick shout out to everybody at OPC Silverstone (UK) who have been absolutely spot on throughout the whole process… most of us are quick to moan when things go wrong (me included), but these guys did everything right. Highly recommended.

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
529 Posts
After what seems like an eternity, I finally collected my brand new CGTS 4.0 from the OPC yesterday.

It‘s my first ever Porsche and although it’s early days, I’ve got to say… it lives up to everything I’d hoped for. The running in period is going to seem to take forever before I finally get to see what it really can do.

A quick shout out to everybody at OPC Silverstone (UK) who have been absolutely spot on throughout the whole process… most of us are quick to moan when things go wrong (me included), but these guys did everything right. Highly recommended.

View attachment 33295
Welcome to our World! Keep the shiny side up and the rubber side down! Many, many enjoyable miles are ahead of you.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Lovely Cayman! Congratulations, turn key, and enjoy!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm also a first time buyer eager awaiting a Chalk (Crayon) Cayman GTS 4.0 next month. Post more pics, looks great!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Lovely.
Hoping for my crayon/blue Boxster in Sept.
got my experience at the Silverstone centre on 16th August.
Looking forward too it.
I’m interested in how it worked with Covid restrictions. Any tips on how to maximise the time with the instructor

·
Registered
70 Posts
Lovely.
Looking forward too it.
I’m interested in how it worked with Covid restrictions. Any tips on how to maximise the time with the instructor
I’ve held off on my Silverstone experience due to the changes under covid. My understanding is the instructor is in a different vehicle and speaks to you via radio. This differs to the “normal” setup where the instructor is in the car with you, which feels like it may be more beneficial in terms of feedback / training. PEC said the experience is valid for 2 years....I’m 11 months in and am holding off booking hoping same car instruction is reintroduced soon.

·
Registered
70 Posts
....should have added that I don’t know if their approach has changed since the latest relaxation in the UK restrictions at the beginning of this week.

·
Registered
55 Posts
....should have added that I don’t know if their approach has changed since the latest relaxation in the UK restrictions at the beginning of this week.
My understanding is that it’s now back to instructor in the car with you - I’m going on August 20th. I guess that’s subject to change again as we enjoy the third wave…:rolleyes:

·
Registered
55 Posts

View attachment 33295
Sorry your post has gone off at a tangent! Your beautiful cayman is what we should be talking about…

·
Registered
9 Posts
Lovely.
Looking forward too it.
Got my Silverstone experience also on the 16th August (morning). Had one two years ago and loved every minute of it. I’m expecting to lock in my build in September so wanted to see as many Cayman paint / wheel options as I could in one place before I make final decision!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Sorry your post has gone off at a tangent! Your beautiful cayman is what we should be talking about…
sorry my bad - I read OPC Silverstone for PEC Silverstone - I've started other thread on that topic.

@Mudweasel - More photos please of your beauty

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No problem at all guys… happy to go off in any tangent! I was told by the OPC that the experience centre should be back to normal (ie instructor in the same car as you, not separate), by the end of the month. I’ve been holding off on my experience day for that exact reason!

A few more pics… but have to say, in the words of a famous fast food place… I’m loving it!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Gorgeous.
So glad I went for Crayon in the end.
Just need little more patience!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yep, so glad I went for the Crayon… had several ‘moments’ between order and spec lockdown where I wobbled a bit and then had a massive think when they announced the Shark Blue, but as soon as I saw mine in the flesh, I knew I’d made the right choice for me (and I get that it might not be everyone’s choice).

Everybody who has seen it has commented on the colour in a positive way.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Forgot to mention the full specs!

Cayman GTS 4.0
PDK
Crayon
GTS interior package
PDLS +
Park assist incl rear camera
Electrically folding exterior mirrors