Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just placed an order for a new car and wanted to say hello.

I'm in the UK and ordered a Cayman S in Sapphire Blue.

It hasn't arrived yet but I'm looking forward to talking with you all.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I'm in the UK and ordered a Cayman S in Sapphire Blue.
Congratulations for choosing the correct car and color! Strangely, so many people choose other variations of the 718 and in different colors when everyone knows the 718 CS in Sapphire Blue is the best option. :)

·
Registered
474 Posts
Hello UK, from Maine, United States....congrats. I'm a newbie to the forum but thought I'd extend my best wishes. I'm waiting for the GT4 version. Actually placed my deposit to get on the allocation list. I think your combo sounds great....but mine is going to be lava orange! Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Welcome to the 718 revolution. Sapphire Blue is a beautiful color. Now the wait begins, when does your car go V250 (Vehicle fixed) and V260 (enter the body shop)?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Congrats on ordering a 718 in what seems to be the best configuration possible if the threads consensus is anything to go by. :D

·
Registered
94 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,955 Posts
From what I've read they only tested the blue next to red. What about all the other colours?

I know there was research about the colour of weight-training rooms and prisons--pink made people weaker.

Of course, maybe cars aren't subject to psychologically-based differences.:eek:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Guys

Thanks for the welcome. I guessed the same - the Sapphire Blue really IS the faster car. ;)

It's being built in April with a possible end of April / likely early May delivery so it's going to take just tooooooooooooooo long to arrive.

I know I'm not alone and I sweated loads over whether to pick some of the options but at the end of the day you've got to pick the car that suits yourself eh?

Looking forward to listening to you all.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I'm so sorry to burst everyone's bubble, but I just came out of a 2 day training with Porsche in PEC LA, and the consensus was that Graphite Blue Metallic was by FAR the fastest color Porsche has ever made! =))))

Reactions: OC718

·
Registered
211 Posts
I fear you guys who drive blue cars may be less fast than you think:

..."In one example, a recent article in Psychological Science found that men with a preference for the color red had higher testosterone levels compared to men who preferred blue..."

;)

·
Registered
310 Posts
So where does Graphite Blue rank in the Blue Family?
All other colors, including other blues, are vastly inferior. And I say that without any bias whatsoever.>:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts