Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
New Car Guy

Black on black is beautiful. My car is only CS, but I still feel it's torque and acceleration addictive. A GTS? WOW have fun out there.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Welcome! Enjoy the car. Mine in currently sitting on a dock in Emden. :(

What part of Illinois are you in, North, Central or Southern? I'm in east-central in the flattest county in Illinois. Great for straight line fun, but the only curves are the interstate ramps. Let us poor flatlanders know if you have any good driving roads. I've had some fun in the Galena area with my prior ride, but I'd sure like to find something a little closer.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome! Enjoy the car. Mine in currently sitting on a dock in Emden. :(

What part of Illinois are you in, North, Central or Southern? I'm in east-central in the flattest county in Illinois. Great for straight line fun, but the only curves are the interstate ramps. Let us poor flatlanders know if you have any good driving roads. I've had some fun in the Galena area with my prior ride, but I'd sure like to find something a little closer.
About 55 miles west of Chicago in the Campton Hills area.......< Notice I said "Hills". :) Actually have some interesting roads out here. Google McGough road in Kane county, a few nice curves and banked beautifully.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thanks,

I'm going to be doing some "work" in the Dwight area over the summer, so I appreciate the tip.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Welcome @wriggly -- nice-looking car you've got there.

I guess with black rims it could be called 'triple-black' even without black cabriolet top.

As the ultimate mono-chromatic non-color, black gets a fair rap for: boring, conservative, common. But the flip side of that coin goes: sleek, menacing, classic. I'm feeling less of the former, more of the latter with my triple-black Boxster S (pictured, lower left).

Attachments

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome @wriggly -- nice-looking car you've got there.

I guess with black rims it could be called 'triple-black' even without black cabriolet top.

As the ultimate mono-chromatic non-color, black gets a fair rap for: boring, conservative, common. But the flip side of that coin goes: sleek, menacing, classic. I'm feeling less of the former, more of the latter with my triple-black Boxster S (pictured, lower left).
Thanks. I like the way black cars look, but I like a lot of other colors as well and some much better than black. I currently own three black cars and they are work to take care of. I do black cars because the wife is Henry Ford reincarnated. If I come home with a new car and it's black, I have less **** to pay.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Gorgeous! Of course, I am biased with a black on black 2014 Cayman in the driveway and a black on black 2018 Cayman on order.

Reactions: wriggly

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hey, we're neighbors. I do not belong to PCA. Is it the thing to do?
The Chicago PCA Chapter has a lot of cool events and activities. It's only $46 to join: https://www.pca.org/. They also send out a great publication Panorama. I am supposed to get my car in late May/early June. It is a Miami Blue Boxster. Hopefully we''ll bump into each other at some point. From which dealership did you purchase your car?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The Chicago PCA Chapter has a lot of cool events and activities. It's only $46 to join: https://www.pca.org/. They also send out a great publication Panaorama. I am supposed to get my car in late May/early June. It is a Miami Blue Boxster. Hopefully we''ll bump into each other at some point. From which dealership did you purchase your car?
Motorwerks in Barrington.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts