Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been searching for an NA 911 with the right spec for the better part of 5 months. This one landed in my driveway this evening at about 5PM. It's a manual 2016 GTS with 9.5k on the clock. Have more to say, and I will, but I feel the need to go ogle it a bit more lol Oh, the BGTS is still tucked away in the garage and isn't going anywhere (y)

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting

Automotive tail & brake light Wheel Tire Car Vehicle registration plate

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood

Tire Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
158 Posts
Looks Great ! !

Ceramic brakes and center locks. Nice.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone! In all of my excitement I didn't mention the color. lol Yes Carmine Red. The person whole ordered this car checked almost all of the boxes on the configurator including the Sport Design package which includes the ducktail and the front spoiler. The interior features the GTS package with Alcantara, leather and contrasting red stitching on just about every part that can receive them including the AC vents and a Burmeister stereo. The original owner installed an Akrapovic titanium exhaust, Techart lowering springs and a CF rear diffuser. For now the only mod I have planned is a short shifter and installing a card in the PCM for CarPlay since CarPlay wasn't available in the '16 models.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Huh. Didn’t know you could do that.
This is the one that many are using on Rennlist. Your car has PCM 4.0 so it would be the black box. The 2016 has PCM 3.1 and uses the card on the left. Obviously I don't have the card yet so it's not installed and I can't report the results. However there is a huge thread on it on the other site in the 991 forum. There are a few aftermarket solutions, but for the PCM 3.1, this many feel is the best solution to making it work like an OEM system. This solution also supports Android Auto.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Congratulations, big brother is absolutely beautiful and a wonderful addition to your paddock. Look forward to learning your impressions and which you ultimately enjoy the most around your local twisties.

Reactions: GTS18BGTS

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Congratulations, big brother is absolutely beautiful and a wonderful addition to your paddock. Look forward to learning your impressions and which you ultimately enjoy the most around your local twisties.
This morning it was warm enough and dry enough for me to take it on a little excursion down the Parkway and then thru Plum Borough. Man the sound coming from the Akrapovic exhaust is an adrenaline rush. It drives very differently than the Boxster, not only because of the difference in combustion, but because of the size and stance as well. I'm very happy to have the turbo in the Boxster and the NA in this car. The Boxster is like a little weapon with the turbo. It enables it to dart around with aplomb, and that's especially appreciated in the lighter car. The 911 with the NA feels more like a stock car in comparison being wider, heavier and with the symphony coming from the back end. I'm confident I'll put more miles on the Boxster as I have no issues using it for errands considering it has two boots.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts