Porsche 718 Forum banner

New Member - CGTS4.0

3555 Views 37 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  RobertM
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to quickly introduce myself because I secured a confirmed allocation for a new 2023 Cayman GTS 4.0 yesterday through a local dealer, and I've received so much great advice by searching around on the 718 Forum over the past few weeks. This will be my first Porsche (and the first car I ever bought that wasn't used!). I couldn't be more excited and am so happy to join this community too. Delivery is set for mid-November.

I haven't hit my freeze change date yet but here's what I'm thinking:
  • Gentian blue
  • Premium package
  • Black leather 18 way seats
  • Black leather interior instead of brushed aluminum (any thoughts on this choice?)
  • Chalk deviated stitching interior
  • Manual transmission
  • Power steering plus
  • PASM (raised 10mm)
  • Bose speakers
  • Deletion of GTS 4.0 decals on the sides
  • Porsche crest on headrests
  • Brake calipers in black
  • Satin black wheels
  • Navigation including Porsche Connect and Voice Control
  • Smartphone compartment

What am I missing? I'm open to ideas. I was ideally hoping for exterior in Forest Green metallic because you just don't see many of those and I think it looks great -- but the dealer told me Porsche isn't accepting paint-to-sample requests right now... now sure why?
See less See more
Reactions: 5
21 - 38 of 38 Posts
Thanks! Actually, I couldn’t figure out how to lift the cell phone tray to access the compartment underneath when I was looking at one in the dealership. Maybe just better to get rid of it entirely
Reactions: 1
Hey everyone - thanks for all the great advice. Definitely considering the leather seat back covers and the leather on the steering column.

A few quick questions:
1) If I get rid of the cell phone compartment in the center console, will a standard iPhone fit in the cup/coin holder?
2) Does anyone have a picture of a Cayman center console without the cell phone compartment so I can see how deep/roomy it is?
3) If you don't have the smokers package, how do you charge your phone?
1. No. Nothing fits in there except spare change. The phone fits easily in the console.
Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle Musical instrument accessory Luggage and bags

3. 12V outlets in passenger footwell and glove compartment. Or plug it in to the USB outlet in the console (see above photo) . You have to do that anyway for CarPlay (only wired from the factory). BUT, you can buy a dongle and get wireless CarPlay - many of us have done it. Several threads about it.
See less See more
1. No. Nothing fits in there except spare change. The phone fits easily in the console.
View attachment 46551

3. 12V outlets in passenger footwell and glove compartment. Or plug it in to the USB outlet in the console (see above photo) . You have to do that anyway for CarPlay (only wired from the factory). BUT, you can buy a dongle and get wireless CarPlay - many of us have done it. Several threads about it.
@OttawaSteve to the rescue!!
Hey everyone - I can't thank you all enough for your input. I booted the smartphone compartment and the PASM (-10). I know it's a small change, but I do like the look of the standard/lower stance of the car without PASM once I started looking at the side-by-side comparisons of GTS' with and without it. I'm sure I'll come to regret Navigation and Voice Control, as most of you suggest, but... oh well. I don't have a good response on this one other than to say it's hard for me to imagine buying such an expensive car without navigation.

At any rate, I haven't been this excited about something in a long time and wanted to thank everyone for their input and advice.

Change freeze date was bumped up to tomorrow instead of Sept 16

Production completion date is Oct 7 and delivery date at the dealership has been bumped up to Nov 4 from mid-Nov originally.

What a gift for my 40th birthday in November!
See less See more
Reactions: 2
Hey everyone - I can't thank you all enough for your input. I booted the smartphone compartment and the PASM (-10). I know it's a small change, but I do like the look of the standard/lower stance of the car without PASM once I started looking at the side-by-side comparisons of GTS' with and without it. I'm sure I'll come to regret Navigation and Voice Control, as most of you suggest, but... oh well. I don't have a good response on this one other than to say it's hard for me to imagine buying such an expensive car without navigation.

At any rate, I haven't been this excited about something in a long time and wanted to thank everyone for their input and advice.

Change freeze date was bumped up to tomorrow instead of Sept 16

Production completion date is Oct 7 and delivery date at the dealership has been bumped up to Nov 4 from mid-Nov originally.

What a gift for my 40th birthday in November!
I'm getting Nav & Voice Control as well - no bothering with cell phones / charging and loss of GPS signal (with phone) in remote / mountain areas

- I use my phone in my older car (Nav system was $$$$ and CD based, skipped option). In a word - it sucks, like most things cell phone oriented are over-hyped and just barely get it right
One last question for everyone:

I opted for the all leather black interior but I believe this leaves the roof in RaceTex, which is fine. I'm just wondering if it makes sense to opt for the sun visors in RaceTex then, to keep it consistent with the roof, rather than the default vinyl? Any thoughts on this? Here's the build code: PPMBNHA1

I opted for the all leather black interior but I believe this leaves the roof in RaceTex, which is fine. I'm just wondering if it makes sense to opt for the sun visors in RaceTex then, to keep it consistent with the roof, rather than the default vinyl? Any thoughts on this? Here's the build code: PPMBNHA1
If you have airbag stickers, you will never get them off alcantara/RaceTex. They are relatively easy to remove from the vinyl.

probably the way to go - get the Race-Tex versions from Suncoast - they offer the option of getting them w/o the decals on them

its not cheap, but it gets around the sticker residue issue - especially with the Race-Tex or Leather versions of the sun visors

Today's the freeze date - I couldn't be more excited. Delivery date scheduled for mid-November. Let's hope that doesn't change. Thanks to everyone here for the help. I'll post pictures as soon as I can!
Reactions: 3
Got the mid-production picture today!!

Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Car
See less See more
Reactions: 5
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior

Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood Car

My GTS made the Atlantic crossing and is in port in RI. Awaiting delivery in a week or two. In the meantime, I got these photos from Porsche!
See less See more
Reactions: 4
Update --- Car arrived at the dealership last week, I showed up, and paid for it. The group doing my full body PPF shows up the same day to load it on a truck to bring it to their shop and finds a paint chip the size of your fingernail on the lower side of the rear bumper, which I didn't see when I looked at the car. Dealership sends the car across town to get repaired at their expense even though I already technically paid for the car -- huge credit to them for doing that. PPF guys show up today, take delivery of the car and I should receive it next week. Everything was delayed a bit longer than I was hoping but the car looks great.
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
You are one luck SOB. My timeline is almost identical to you. Allocation August, lock September, start build 10/12--since then I've been delayed 3 times, including today. New delivery date, 1/20/2022.
Sorry to hear about that — it’s really hard to know just how much faith to put in the timeline. Mine must have switched back and forth (delayed, on time, delayed, etc) a few times too. Coincidentally I’m picking it up from the PPF shop today to bring home. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you that your delivery date comes faster than expected.
You are one luck SOB. My timeline is almost identical to you. Allocation August, lock September, start build 10/12--since then I've been delayed 3 times, including today. New delivery date, 1/20/2022.
I would venture to say you are also one lucky SOB getting an allocation at all right now! :cool:
I would venture to say you are also one lucky SOB getting an allocation at all right now! :cool:
Absolutely! Refreshing TYD everyday just adds to the pain. All worth it when it arrives.
Absolutely! Refreshing TYD everyday just adds to the pain. All worth it when it arrives.
Maybe they should rename it Tease Your Dream or Torture Your Dream instead of Track Your Dream.
  • Haha
21 - 38 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.