Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody! Very excited for the arrival of my new 2022 718 Spyder in Shark Blue with an expected delivery date of 12-17-21 to my dealership.
Backstory, I do a lot of car show with my very modified 2016 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Hard Rock and about 5 years ago a convertible Porsche 911 in Lava Orange parked next to my Jeep at a car show and fell in love with the brand. That day I told my wife I love my Jeep and would never get rid of it for anything but if I was to ever drive another vehicle it would be a Porsche. After drooling over a Boxster for a few years and saving up for a Porsche I started seeing info and hearing about the Spyder coming out, It was then I decided I would own a new Spyder for its unique style, look and performance. The first color I was set on was Miami Blue and about 6 months ago when Shark Blue was an available color I knew it was time to get in a dealership and leave a deposit for a Spyder allocation. After I left a deposit with a local dealership and didn't hear any info from my SA for over 5 months I decided to give him a call and ask for an update. He told me they have not received any allocations for a Spyder and weren't sure when/if they would get anymore. I also asked him when I was on the list for a Spyder allocation and he said he didn't know. He then said I should also check with other dealers to see if they have any available Spyder allocations. Glad I did, that day I made a phone call to another local dealership and asked about a Spyder allocation and he told me they have 1 available for build. The next day I went into that dealership left a deposit and placed my order for a 2022 Spyder in Shark Blue. He informed me that they are asking over MSRP for the car and after a little back and forth on price I was fine with paying the extra money for a limited time build to have the car built exactly the way I want it. I didn't know how much longer the Spyder will be built for or if the next version is going to be a hybrid or full electric so I figured the time is now to get my dream car. Here is the build sheet with a factory picture of the Shark Blue.
People have just started getting their cars in Shark Blue and it looks brighter in person and pictures then what the Porsche site is showing. Here is a pic of the car from a Porsche site pic and another pic of somebody that took a picture of their Shark Blue car in person.
Wheel Tire Sky Car Land vehicle

Online pic in person of Shark Blue

Shark Blue.jpg

My Build list

Base Price 718 Spyder

$98,300
Price for Equipment

$24,290
Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee

$1,350
Total Price*

$123,940
Exterior Color

Shark Blue
D7

$2,580
Spyder Roof in Black
1V

$0
Interior Color

Leather/Race-Tex Interior in Black with Silver Stitching

$2,160
Exterior

Exclusive Design Fuel Cap Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
XYB

$160
Performance

7-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)

$3,210
Brake Calipers in High Gloss Black Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
XBS

$900
Wheels

20" 718 Spyder Wheels

$0
Wheel Accessories

Wheels Painted in Satin Black Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
XDK

$1,290
Lights and Vision

LED Headlights with Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS+)

$2,140
Light Design Package

$350
Power Folding Exterior Mirrors

$330
Interior

Steering Wheel and Gear Lever in Leather

$0
Heated Multifunction Steering Wheel

$470
Full Bucket Seats
P11

$5,900
Smoking Package

$0
Luggage Net in Passenger Footwell

$0
Interior Race-Tex

Storage Compartment Lid in Race-Tex with Porsche Crest Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
XLJ

$340
Interior Carbon Fiber

Interior Trim in Carbon Fiber i.c.w. Leather Interior Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
EKG

$790
Audio and Communication

Voice Control
QH1

$0
BOSE® Surround Sound System
9VL

$990
Apple CarPlay® incl. Siri®
9WT

$360
Navigation including Porsche Connect
P40

$2,320
Others

Included First Year / 10,000 Mile Maintenance
Z1S

$0

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Congratulations! You’re really going to enjoy driving that beautiful new Spyder. Welcome to the forum and the Waiters Club. Cheers!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Congrats! I live in FTL as well and buying a Boxster base in Shark Blue but still agonizing if the color is the right choice as I not seen it in person.….thanks for sharing

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
694 Posts
Welcome to our madness. Welcome to the "waiters club." I'm an expat with 5 months experience. Looks like you could start a local FTL chapter down there.... I left FTL 25 years ago and moved to the Keys. Left the Keys two years ago and am now in North Central Florida. Your build sounds amazing and you'll have to do a "break-in" road trip up this way so I can see it! Distance each way is 250 miles.
Enjoy the moment... Your dreams are coming true!

Reactions: YSOBLUE

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I've lived in Florida most of my life. It is hard to find drives that do the car justice. The further north you go the better it gets. But ****, my daughter lives in S. FL and that place doesn't seem like a good place to exploit the potential of this car and it's a day's drive to hills worth of driving. Nontheless, I'm sure you will enjoy your car immensely.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Congrats! I live in FTL as well and buying a Boxster base in Shark Blue but still agonizing if the color is the right choice as I not seen it in person.….thanks for sharing
I’m sure it will be awesome in person. I always loved most of the Porsche blue colors like Rivera, Mexico, Arrow and Oslo etc but now I feel like Shark Blue is right up at the top of list list for great Porsche colors. I’ve seen a bunch of new GT3’s in Shark Blue from people that took the pics and they all look great wether it’s in direct sunlight or shade, looks perfect to me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Congrats! I love the look of shark blue. I’m in the Fort Lauderdale area as well, maybe I’ll see you around.
Planning to do some local car show in FTL and WPB like Super Car Saturdays in Pembroke Pines once the car gets here. Seen a bunch of Lambo’s, Ferrari and Porsche on 595 today when heading to Markham Park mountain bike trails. Crazy amount of GT3’s out there, lol. The most I’ve ever seen in such a short timespan.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
In my little bit of time spent in that part of Florida a Porsche is a dime-a-dozen but your's may stand out in that color. Don't get run over by the Lambos, Ferraris, etc... Very late night on the freeways seems to be a racetrack for those guys.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Sounds like there are a lot of members down here. Wish there were some good back roads we could all meet up and drive on.

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
694 Posts
Sounds like there are a lot of members down here. Wish there were some good back roads we could all meet up and drive on.
To all my FTL brethren: Head North! We have the hills and the curves up here.....

·
Registered
98 Posts
Heading up to NC and the dragon and surrounding roads at the end of the month. I go up at least once a year and have done so for the past 10 years LOL.

Been up there in a few volkswagens, BMW m3, couple 911's (one my 996 turbo). First time in the cayman though. Should be fun.

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
@YSOBLUE, your car will be amazing. You're a couple of weeks ahead of me. Mine is estimated at dealer by 12/31

Reactions: YSOBLUE

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Heading up to NC and the dragon and surrounding roads at the end of the month. I go up at least once a year and have done so for the past 10 years LOL.

Been up there in a few volkswagens, BMW m3, couple 911's (one my 996 turbo). First time in the cayman though. Should be fun.
What are some good places to stay in that area? Was thinking of going at some point but just was a place with Security parking.

·
Registered
776 Posts

I will make it up there one day. My in-laws actually have a house nearby in Asheville and there are so many great driving roads.

·
Registered
98 Posts
What are some good places to stay in that area? Was thinking of going at some point but just was a place with Security parking.
Fontana Village, Tapoco Lodge. Both are a few minutes from the dragon.

I will make it up there one day. My in-laws actually have a house nearby in Asheville and there are so many great driving roads.
Asheville is about 2 hours east of some great driving roads. Absolutely.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts