Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I just joined the forum and here are screen shots of my build.

Presently living in Georgia and taking delivery at the Atlanta delivery center.

Looking forward to participating in the discussions.

This is my first Porsche and hopefully will be delivered toward the end of the year.

This will be a 2022 model year Boxster.
Stay safe stay well.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi

This is my first Porsche and hopefully will be delivered toward the end of the year.

Stay safe stay well.

View attachment 30979

View attachment 30980
View attachment 30981
The green color is nice on the vehicle but not on the wheels. Way too much green you need some contrast.
It's like wearing green pants with green shoes it just doesn't go together.. That's my honest opinion.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Respect your opinion !!!

But I figured you don’t buy a Porsche not to be noticed.

I’ve had so many black, silver, white cars etc. I figured I’d go over the top on this one.

I can always have them repainted if I they don’t work out.

Surprisingly the body color paint on the 20” Carrera 5 spoke rims was only added to the 2022 model year wasn’t available on 2021’s.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Respect your opinion !!!

But I figured you don’t buy a Porsche not to be noticed.

I’ve had so many black, silver, white cars etc. I figured I’d go over the top on this one.

I can always have them repainted if I they don’t work out.

Surprisingly the body color paint on the 20” Carrera 5 spoke rims was only added to the 2022 model year wasn’t available on 2021’s.
This wheels look so much better on this green vehicle instead of green wheels. It's up to you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm also new here.

Congrats on the new build but I agree with the others that darker wheels would contrast better with the green. If your concern is being noticed, do not worry. You WILL be noticed in a new Boxster but you'll attract the desired attention without the green wheels.

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
41 Posts
Bottom line: you asked for advice and you're getting it. I will defer to those that can actually see colors. I lost my color vision in the war.... You are getting an awesome grey Boxster! lol.

That said: It's your new baby. You will be noticed no matter what the color is. Welcome to our madness! Did you do anything special with the interior?

·
Registered
83 Posts
The green on the car will get you plenty seen and in a tasteful way already. Color matched wheels never work well on a vehicle with low profile tires. I'd suggest putting that money towards the upgraded and more aggressive looking headlights. Just my opinion since you shared.

Reactions: Silversword

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
OP, you do what pleases you! It's your money and your baby.

I live for the day that someone will wrap their Boxster with iridescent pink/purple with glitter!:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Having said this, I am fine with my Cayman being Rhodium Silver with Carrera Classic wheels. It's just me!...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi

Stay safe stay well.

View attachment 30979

View attachment 30980
View attachment 30981
I’m feeling green with envy. Sixty-five days, 9 hours, 42 minutes, and 2 seconds to go!

·
Registered
45 Posts
OP, go with what you want, not anyone else. You usually find cars look way better in the flesh than on the configurator.

Whilst it's not my cup of tea, it will certainly stand out.

It might actually look pretty great.

·
Registered
337 Posts
You should spec the car for you here and now not for resale. The OP may not have the intention to sell it on.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts