Porsche 718 Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Curious whether the old or new app displays oil level. This would be a nice feature, rather than having to remember to check using the in car system.

·
Registered
2018, GTS, PDK
87 Posts
unfortunately the old app does not :-(
It shows when its due an oil change but not the actual level.

The new app (as yet) does not show the tyre pressures, the old one did/does - this I also find useful.

Overall, not exactly stunned with the new app - hopefully it will grow on me.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I just installed it and missing a lot of functions and not getting my car location and getting a Remote Services error. So pretty much useless, and they say the old app is going away soon.

I tried locking my car and got a server cannot be reached error!. It looks like this was not ready to roll out yet.
Same. I took screenshots and reported the issue. It's not a problem with my car - the old app works fine. AND - I keep having to log in to the new app. That needs to stop.

Update - well, the app can talk to the car now at least.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Curious whether the old or new app displays oil level. This would be a nice feature, rather than having to remember to check using the in car system.
Nope. Neither one does. I have set a weekly reminder on my phone calendar to check mine and also try to be in the habit of checking whenever I refuel. (With less than 2,500 miles on her so far, the checks have been pretty boring. The level is always “correct.” But you never know!)

·
Registered
227 Posts
Much like when a new IOS version comes out, never download it until the first update is made.

This new app will more than likely be full of issues, I’ll give it a few months before downloading it or at least wait until the original one stops working.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts