Porsche 718 Forum banner

New My Porsche App

14K views 54 replies 19 participants last post by  Dnomis 
#1 ·
I've received an email from Porsche stating that they're planning on combining all their apps into the new My Porsche app

I know the PCM 4.0 and the Porsche Car Connect app experience is something from 2012 and really doesn't match the brand or the 718 platform. I'm hoping the new app experience will allow us to do some useful basic features like send addresses to the PCM and some remote features.

The email seemed promising. Has anyone heard anything?

Automotive lighting Font Screenshot Electronic device Gadget

See less See more
#2 ·
When I called PCNA last month to work on getting Porsche connect enabled the support rep shared about the app consolidation as well.

As it stands the older app does more so I’m hoping we don’t lose features for our 718’s.

Specifically it doesn’t have the geo fence, speed fence, or folding of the mirrors like the older app does.

#4 ·
Added new app and managed to log in (uses existing login details) and recognises the correct car but its not linking to the car itself for some reason that I cannot be bothered to understand at this precise moment :cool:
At the moment, all I can see (if it worked) was total mileage, Fuel and Petrol levels which is really basic compared to what I am used to with the old/existing app.
Still using and hope to still use the older app as for sure does more and I particularly like the Geo Fence and Find my car features.
Fingers crossed, we will finally get a better version that pleases us all.

#5 ·
Added new app and managed to log in (uses existing login details) and recognises the correct car but its not linking to the car itself for some reason that I cannot be bothered to understand at this precise moment :cool:
At the moment, all I can see (if it worked) was total mileage, Fuel and Petrol levels which is really basic compared to what I am used to with the old/existing app.
Still using and hope to still use the older app as for sure does more and I particularly like the Geo Fence and Find my car features.
Fingers crossed, we will finally get a better version that pleases us all.
done the same - doesn't connect to the car and doesn't have anywhere near as much information; likewise I want to continue to use the geo fence
Seems more like a marketing tool with links to Porsche press releases that a useful tool for drivers

#6 · (Edited)
I just installed it and missing a lot of functions and not getting my car location and getting a Remote Services error. So pretty much useless, and they say the old app is going away soon.

I tried locking my car and got a server cannot be reached error!. It looks like this was not ready to roll out yet.

#23 ·
I just installed it and missing a lot of functions and not getting my car location and getting a Remote Services error. So pretty much useless, and they say the old app is going away soon.

I tried locking my car and got a server cannot be reached error!. It looks like this was not ready to roll out yet.
Same. I took screenshots and reported the issue. It's not a problem with my car - the old app works fine. AND - I keep having to log in to the new app. That needs to stop.

Update - well, the app can talk to the car now at least.

#8 ·
So whatever was broken they fixed and the app is looking much better. The mileage and trip data is there along with the vehicle location. The app is much snappier then the Car Connect app which used to take forever to update the location. You do need to turn on location always on the iPhone and that’s probably making it a lot quicker too.

I also noticed that the Geo fencing and the speed alarm option is there. I was able to lock my car doors with the app. I have not seen the option for the flash or the horn which used to be in the car connect app.

I don’t have Internet/navigation so I can’t check the other functions but it does have an option to stream Amazon Music directly to your car. I use Carplay for everything so easier to stay on the one screen all the time.

#9 ·
My app keeps adding and removing functionality. I think there must be migration issues. It does look like a nicer experience and a lot more clean/modern.

The tracking function is there, as well as the geo and speed fencing. The only function I can't see is the mirror fold and horn but someone added a review on the iOS App Store and the developer replied stating they're looking to bring additional functionality in later releases.

#11 ·
yep - tried again just now and definitely more data there now
the tank indicator is correct but not showing range to empty, but them again the PCC is showing the same!!

I also don't see the remote option to lock the car, fold mirrors, sound horn either
Interesting, the sound horn option seems to have disappeared from PCC too!

#12 ·
Hi all,
Mine finally updated or just started this morning.
I agree, it looks much neater BUT at the moment still missing some functions - the mail advised "In the coming months, further apps and services will be integrated into the My Porsche app" and again BUT, these not specific and I want the functionality I am used to with the current version, especially the Geo-Fence and remote locking/mirrors/horn etc.

I do hope the boffins do not terminate the current version before they then finish and supply a proper and functional app.

Post note - looks like this is rapidly changing !
More things added it seems, pre-heater, speed alarm I can now see and Geo-Fence !

It is recommending to delete old version due to conflict on connections - hmmm, have a think about that before I do delete for sure.

#13 ·
I was about to make a thread about the new app asking similar questions. I downloaded it yesterday and am wondering what other 718 owners are finding about its functionality. In my case, after a long delay, it finally started retrieving info about Lorelei’s status such as mileage and fill level. But it seems to lack some info that Porsche Car Connect provides such as whether she is locked and tire pressure. The “remote” button has the lock function but not the fold mirrors function. And the lock function doesn’t ever tell you if it actually worked to lock the car. I found the speed and location fence features, although I haven’t tested if they actually work yet. In short, although it looks much slicker, so far it’s not a replacement for even the limited functionality of Car Connect.

Does anyone know if “PCM Services: Vehicle connection and applications“ is supposed to work with 718s? When I try clicking this function on the app, it refuses to connect to my car. But I don’t know if that functionality even applies to the 718 or not. If not, then I can stop wasting time trying to get it to connect. But if it’s supposed to work with a 718, I’ll keep trying to figure it out.

Any other insight on what functionality this app is supposed to have for 718s?

#14 ·
Does anyone know if “PCM Services: Vehicle connection and applications“ is supposed to work with 718s?
Similar experience - It seems like it needs the on board wifi "data" connection to be activated - I didn't choose this option so wouldn't expect that, but it is confusing as it says "already connected to another network" and the instructions refer to disconnecting from the cars network, which I don't have

#16 ·
Does anyone know if you need any of the connected services for this to function? I'm not sure I have remote start capacities in my 2018 CGTS, but it would be nice to check fuel level from my phone... (I don't seem to have anything other than just pictures of my car in the app)

#20 ·
I downloaded the new app, although it wasnt connecting to my current car, it did at least show me that my GTS order has finished being built and had a photo of it from the factory - so that was pretty cool, even if we are only getting that function months after the US market!

#28 ·
Dang, they literally took my driver's license, registration and VIN and sent it to my nearest Porsche dealership just to get on the app :unsure: Not that I mind too much since I've already gone to my local dealership for service and recalls so they already have my info. Oddly intrusive nonetheless.

#41 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.