Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just put 3K miles on our new Cayman driving her from NM to Illinois and back and the road trip went splendidly. A few very minor hiccups but all in all it was a blast. My partner & I bought this car – our first & probably only – Porsche as a 74th & 75th birthday present to ourselves. And we can report that the color especially seems to be an astounding attraction for many people. We have been constantly bombarded by strangers wanted to know what the color was and/or driving by, honking and giving us thumbs up. Even got compliments from a Border Patrol officer at an immigration check point. So for all you millennials out there doubting the Frozen Berry color: It’s a huge winner in our opinion.
Hope we can count on you experienced Porsche owners to keep us on the right track as we enjoy our car in the coming months and years.
Wheel Tire Plant Car Vehicle

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
very nice and welcome. First I have seen as a proper picture apart from the configurator.
We were very curious ourselves regarding what the car would actually look like in the 'real world'. The configurator doesn't really give u the actually impact of the color. We were amazed and very happy to see the color "in the flesh"!

·
Premium Member
2022 Spyder
2,547 Posts
We were very curious ourselves regarding what the car would actually look like in the 'real world'. The configurator doesn't really give u the actually impact of the color. We were amazed and very happy to see the color "in the flesh"!
I do want to see one! My friends in China (where this color has become quite popular) say it looks amazing in person. They also said photos just don't convey the impact until you've seen it. It's great that you took the risk and it worked out.

·
Registered
2022 Base Cayman, just color and sound
84 Posts
perfect. and love the color match next to the flowering tree (plum? crabapple?). I am now a big fan of porsche colors that are out of the ordinary...after having many black, silver, and white cars of usually german brands. may have something to do with my age advancing that I am willing to take the risk now that I wouldnt have earlier...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
perfect. and love the color match next to the flowering tree (plum? crabapple?). I am now a big fan of porsche colors that are out of the ordinary...after having many black, silver, and white cars of usually german brands. may have something to do with my age advancing that I am willing to take the risk now that I wouldnt have earlier...
Rick-it's a Red Bud tree. They were in full bloom while we visited Illinois and simply could not pass up the opportunity to match the tree with the car!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Good for you for picking an interesting color! It will surely be high up there on the list of very rare Porsche colors. It is definitely begging for clear Euro side markers. It's a 5 minute swap.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts