Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I purchased my new 2017 - 718 Boxster at the end of April. This is such a fun car to drive and am having a great time.. My wife convinced me to look at Porsche when I was thinking of getting a new car after selling my boat and tow vehicle.

I'm located in San Francisco if anyone is from the Bay Area.

Toy.jpg

·
Registered
320 Posts
Welcome, and congrats!

Tell us more about your new car.

Your wife sounds like a keeper. :)

·
Registered
459 Posts
Your wife has good taste in cars, one good way to know she's a keeper!
What other vehicles were you looking at before finally deciding on the Boxster since for the same price there's a good amount of options out there.

Welcome.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome....
Well this is my first Porsche and never thought I would be an owner. Always thought that Porsche was always out of my reach and a different level of car. But after test driving a few boxsters, manual and PDK, I was hooked and loved the new body style and how smooth the PDK shifts gears as I wanted to get manual, but the PDK is so sweet I had to get it. (I'm glad I did).

I just put on a full front, rocker panels and mirrors with the clear bra and am very happy with the results as i wanted to protect the front from rock chips.

My wife has a quote that will always remind me of my 718....."It's fun here". And boy it is a pleasure to drive with the top down. I would drive my wife's convertible Mercedes CLK320 and it is fun to drive a convertible, however, everyone knew that it wasn't my car as the license plate says "TOPLLUS". I cant look to cool driving her car with that license plate. LOL.

Now that I have my 718....I find that it takes me over an hour or longer just to do a quick errand.

IMG_0707.jpg

Welcome, and congrats!

Tell us more about your new car.

Your wife sounds like a keeper. :)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you Shark...

I was looking at BMW and Nissan 370Z.

I was not even planning on buying a new car, as my previous toy was a fishing boat. But once I sold it, I felt that now I need a new toy, but what? That's when my better half said, why not look at a Porsche? I said no way...out of my league. NOT. I'm really glad i listened to her suggestion.

It is a very enjoyable car that gets a lot of attention when driving.

Your wife has good taste in cars, one good way to know she's a keeper!
What other vehicles were you looking at before finally deciding on the Boxster since for the same price there's a good amount of options out there.

Welcome.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Welcome to the forums and congratulations. You must be tremendously glad you went this route over a 370! The clear bra was definitely a smart decision though, especially being a black vehicle, kudos for that. Did you put any paint sealant on the rest of it?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just put a coat of wax on the parts that were not wrapped.

Welcome to the forums and congratulations. You must be tremendously glad you went this route over a 370! The clear bra was definitely a smart decision though, especially being a black vehicle, kudos for that. Did you put any paint sealant on the rest of it?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts