Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Spyder allocation that locks next month. I'm currently in the configuration stage and really stuck on color. I'm settled on just about everything else with only minor changes to interior bits to complement exterior color choice. Here are my current builds as of today (subject to change immediately after posting). PTS would push me to next year. Non-PTS would be this year (late fall). I understand color is subjective, but I do value your opinions based on your experiences with different colors. As we all know, seeing this configurations in person is nigh impossible. Add Oak Green to the list too.

Thanks,
JP

In no particular order:
Gentian Blue over Classic

Guards over Blk/Red w/ Aurum Wheels

Shark over Blk/Yellow

Gentian over Lizard - lizard stitching doesn't show on configurator -- lizard seatbelts next to Gentian in top view

Now off to crazy town...
Gelbgrun over Lizard

Viola over Yellow

BRG over Yellow

Oslo over Classic

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My favourite is (no surprise) Guards Red, but ****, they all look great. I particularly like the BRG with aurum wheels, and I am not generally a fan of green.
i do like the green. I’ve never had a green car before. I also like Oak Green Metallic. The metallic colors help define the lines of the humps.

·
Registered
2022 Cayman T Guards Red
519 Posts
So many awesome choices there. My favorites are either the lighter green with darker rims or one of the darker colors with the Aurum rims.
One thing to consider with all selections is the interior that works with it as that is where you will be spending your time. For me an all black interior just doesn't work. Has to be some color in there as well.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So many awesome choices there. My favorites are either the lighter green with darker rims or one of the darker colors with the Aurum rims.
One thing to consider with all selections is the interior that works with it as that is where you will be spending your time. For me an all black interior just doesn't work. Has to be some color in there as well.
Definitely agree on the interior. That’s what makes the Classic interior so appealing. I like it with Gentian or Oslo.

·
Registered
602 Posts
You have fine tastes! Every single one of those look fantastic! The only thing I would change would be to silver wheels on the Viola but it's not like Aurum wheels are bad in anyway. I just think silver compliments purple a little better. My Cayman is Guards red over black with red belts and my Macan is Sapphire blue over partial red/black so I'm a big fan of fun color combinations. All of yours work well.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You have fine tastes! Every single one of those look fantastic! The only thing I would change would be to silver wheels on the Viola but it's not like Aurum wheels are bad in anyway. I just think silver compliments purple a little better. My Cayman is Guards red over black with red belts and my Macan is Sapphire blue over partial red/black so I'm a big fan of fun color combinations. All of yours work well.
Thanks very much. I do like Silver on Viola. Viola with yellow or green accents is nice. I do like the idea of a classic green like BRG or Oak over black cognac stitching. This car is difficult to make look bad.I think that’s the core issue here.

·
Registered
2022 BGTS 4.0 MT, Carmine Red
117 Posts
Sorry but I'm all about that PTS! I vote for patience and then basically just flip a coin between Oak Green and Oslo. Both I think are the most stunning colors of the choices but you're right that you really can't go wrong with any of those configurations. Cheers

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Viola! Viola! Viola! … with any wheels you desire, but Turbo wheels would do nicely.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sorry but I'm all about that PTS! I vote for patience and then basically just flip a coin between Oak Green and Oslo. Both I think are the most stunning colors of the choices but you're right that you really can't go wrong with any of those configurations. Cheers
I suppose coin flip and if I’m sad about the outcome, that’s telling. I like that both of these colors have history. Oak being a favorite of Ferry and the Porsche family in general, and Oslo being a 356 color that was often seen with a red interior and silver wheels on the speedster models I particular.

·
Registered
2022 BGTS 4.0 MT, Carmine Red
117 Posts
I suppose coin flip and if I’m sad about the outcome, that’s telling. I like that both of these colors have history. Oak being a favorite of Ferry and the Porsche family in general, and Oslo being a 356 color that was often seen with a red interior and silver wheels on the speedster models I particular.
Exactly right!

1 - 20 of 120 Posts