Porsche 718 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a Spyder allocation that locks next month. I'm currently in the configuration stage and really stuck on color. I'm settled on just about everything else with only minor changes to interior bits to complement exterior color choice. Here are my current builds as of today (subject to change immediately after posting). PTS would push me to next year. Non-PTS would be this year (late fall). I understand color is subjective, but I do value your opinions based on your experiences with different colors. As we all know, seeing this configurations in person is nigh impossible. Add Oak Green to the list too.

Thanks,
JP

In no particular order:
Gentian Blue over Classic

Guards over Blk/Red w/ Aurum Wheels

Shark over Blk/Yellow

Gentian over Lizard - lizard stitching doesn't show on configurator -- lizard seatbelts next to Gentian in top view

Now off to crazy town...
Gelbgrun over Lizard

Viola over Yellow

BRG over Yellow

Oslo over Classic

Prob the Gentian blue over classic for me but would add the gold wheels to that also 😃😀

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a Spyder allocation that locks next month. I'm currently in the configuration stage and really stuck on color. I'm settled on just about everything else with only minor changes to interior bits to complement exterior color choice. Here are my current builds as of today (subject to change immediately after posting). PTS would push me to next year. Non-PTS would be this year (late fall). I understand color is subjective, but I do value your opinions based on your experiences with different colors. As we all know, seeing this configurations in person is nigh impossible. Add Oak Green to the list too.

Thanks,
JP

In no particular order:

Shark over Blk/Yellow

Gentian over Lizard - lizard stitching doesn't show on configurator -- lizard seatbelts next to Gentian in top view

Now off to crazy town...
Gelbgrun over Lizard

Viola over Yellow

BRG over Yellow

Oslo over Classic
They all look fantastic, but I think that any blue over red would become tiresome after a while. I have Aventurine Green and I love it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
BRG, Viola, Shark....in that order. Spyder needs a unique color but more importantly one that outlines the lines and humps effectively. 1 of...X is also a nice to have if you hold it. Less nice to sell; people like the colors they like.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
BRG, Viola, Shark....in that order. Spyder needs a unique color but more importantly one that outlines the lines and humps effectively. 1 of...X is also a nice to have if you hold it. Less nice to sell; people like the colors they like.
Thanks for the feedback. I think metallic paint emphasizes the humps best. For a green, I think Oak Green Metallic or Dark Olive Metallic fit the bill. For a blue, Gentian Blue Metallic is a great "cheap" option. And of course purple has to be PTS Viola. Fortunately there is no right answer because they all look good, including all of the standard/metallic/special colors. Unfortunately that's what makes it so difficult.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. I think metallic paint emphasizes the humps best. For a green, I think Oak Green Metallic or Dark Olive Metallic fit the bill. For a blue, Gentian Blue Metallic is a great "cheap" option. And of course purple has to be PTS Viola. Fortunately there is no right answer because they all look good, including all of the standard/metallic/special colors. Unfortunately that's what makes it so difficult.
Yes, it's difficult though I believe in your gut you know what you want. I always run my crazier ideas by my family; sometimes they support, mostly they say 'that's not you'....and ultimately they are right. That said, I've been lucky to see many spiders in many colors here in Atlanta and while GBM is a beautiful color, to me, it kind of hides the uniqueness of the spyder. Better color for a BGTS 4.0. For Spyder something a bit bolder may be more fun at events and just to enjoy.

·
Registered
2022 Cayman GTS 4.0 6-speed
667 Posts
Yes, it's difficult though I believe in your gut you know what you want. I always run my crazier ideas by my family; sometimes they support, mostly they say 'that's not you'....and ultimately they are right. That said, I've been lucky to see many spiders in many colors here in Atlanta and while GBM is a beautiful color, to me, it kind of hides the uniqueness of the spyder. Better color for a BGTS 4.0. For Spyder something a bit bolder may be more fun at events and just to enjoy.
Well here is how I would spend $143k of your hard earned money.....PP3RDM58

Tire Car Vehicle Wheel Sky

Vehicle Motor vehicle Wheel Automotive tire Automotive design

And if you don't like it, I'll make you whole plus a few cases of your favorite wine!

Cheers!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well here is how I would spend $143k of your hard earned money.....PP3RDM58

View attachment 44824
View attachment 44825

And if you don't like it, I'll make you whole plus a few cases of your favorite wine!

Cheers!
Very nice build and definitely bold. Would require a laser jammer....'cause all eyes will be on that thing rolling down the highway...lol

·
Registered
2017 BXS 6MT NIGHT BLUE/CHALK
112 Posts

Thanks,
JP

In no particular order:

Shark over Blk/Yellow

Now off to crazy town...
Gelbgrun over Lizard

Viola over Yellow

BRG over Yellow

Oslo over Classic
Oslo rocks! You can get a better idea of actual color by going to rennbow.org.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·

·
Registered
2022 Cayman GTS 4.0 6-speed
667 Posts
41 - 60 of 129 Posts