Porsche 718 Forum banner
61 - 80 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Cayman GTS 4.0 6-speed
667 Posts
Really? This is a classic combo.

View attachment 44834
Far be it from me to disparage a classic 356 (even if I would have preferred a black interior like my neighbors 1970 911S). That’s a great car period.

That said, this is a 2022 sports car. You wouldn’t add chrome trim on the bumpers and grill and defend it as “classic”. My reaction was mostly due to the visual clashing that I think exists in the interior with red and black leather, alcantara, blue painted trim, aluminum trim. Just too much ADHD for me, but if others like it,that’s cool.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Far be it from me to disparage a classic 356 (even if I would have preferred a black interior like my neighbors 1970 911S). That’s a great car period.

That said, this is a 2022 sports car. You wouldn’t add chrome trim on the bumpers and grill and defend it as “classic”. My reaction was mostly due to the visual clashing that I think exists in the interior with red and black leather, alcantara, blue painted trim, aluminum trim. Just too much ADHD for me, but if others like it,that’s cool.
I agree the painted interior trim is too far. Had that been the stock GT Silver or carbon fiber, then it would work better.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Boy somebody f-d up a great PTS Color with that interior. Must be related to that Christmas Grinch.
what messes it up was selecting Interior Trim painted in Exterior Color - that just clashes. When the classic Bordeaux Red / Black is selected, the trim is usually GT Silver - unless there's an over-ride (any other selection of metal trims makes the Classic interior option go away)

Here's my "tweaked" build using PTS Oslo Blue. I wish the GTS had the option of Bordeaux Red gauges as a stand-alone option The Spyder has it and I rocked them. This build is also $145k...
Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Hood

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle
Car Gear shift Vehicle Speedometer White
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Seat belt
Tire Vehicle registration plate Wheel Vehicle Car

·
Registered
2022 BGTS 4.0 MT, Carmine Red
121 Posts
what messes it up was selecting Interior Trim painted in Exterior Color - that just clashes. When the classic Bordeaux Red / Black is selected, the trim is usually GT Silver - unless there's an over-ride (any other selection of metal trims makes the Classic interior option go away)

Here's my "tweaked" build using PTS Oslo Blue. I wish the GTS had the option of Bordeaux Red gauges as a stand-alone option The Spyder has it and I rocked them. This build is also $145k...
View attachment 44849
View attachment 44850 View attachment 44851 View attachment 44852 View attachment 44853 View attachment 44854
Y'all are making me want to wrap my BGTS in Oslo!

·
Registered
589 Posts
@Hal H you gotta option buckets on a GT4RS, no?
on the GT4 RS the LWB or 18 SS+ ways are no-cost options - you can get either one

I've seen 911s and a GT4 will the LWB, but I need to ask someone if I can try them out by getting in / out

my impression is its easy to "drop into" them - I'm lean / tall (5'11" 160#) with 34" inseam and fit, but getting out them with the deep, tall bolsters - I don't think there's a graceful way of doing that. I plan on driving my CGTS a lot - and that's why I'm going with 18 way SS+

@ThreePedalEd is a big proponent of the LWB, but I'd have to try it out to see what my thoughts are. I recall dealing with deeply bolstered Recaro seats were a "thing" due to the tall bolsters those had, but the cars were not low ride height / low roof like the Boxster / Cayman are

·
Registered
121 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
on the GTR RS the LWB or 18 SS+ ways are no-cost options - you can get either one

I've seen 911s and a GT4 will the LWB, but I need to ask someone if I can try them out by getting in / out

my impression is its easy to "drop into" them - I'm lean / tall (5'11" 160#) with 34" inseam and fit, but getting out them with the deep, tall bolsters - I don't think there's a graceful way of doing that. I plan on driving my CGTS a lot - and that's why I'm going with 18 way SS+

@ThreePedalEd is a big proponent of the LWB, but I'd have to try it out to see what my thoughts are. I recall dealing with deeply bolstered Recaro seats were a "thing" due to the tall bolsters those had, but the cars were low like the Boxster / Cayman are
They don’t work for everyone, and ingress/egress can be a bit clumsy, but they really do transform the driving experience being bolted directly and solidly to the floorboard. This greatly enhances the feeling of oneness with the car. For me they are incredibly comfortable once in them. Just park far enough away so that you can avoid door dings and potential embarrassment getting in and out.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Your example is indeed a classic color. That Spyder was spec'd in a half bordeaux/half black interior with Oslo blue accent pieces. That is not a classic color combination. :sick: IMHO
We’ve addressed the Oslo trim pieces and agree they are a step too far. Looking past that, Oslo over Classic interior is a classic look.

·
Registered
121 Posts
33 days until my order locks. I've excluded PTS. As cool as it is, I just cannot justify the cost.

In no particular order:
Gentian Blue over Classic

Guards over Blk/Red w/ Aurum Wheels

Shark over Blk/Yellow - Would change to silver now that Racing Yellow is on stop sale.
The dealer down the street from me has a Spyder in Shark Blue (I think a 2016) prominently displayed outside their front doors. Based on the amount of drool that fell out of my mouth while admiring it, I cast my vote for that paint 👍🏼

61 - 80 of 129 Posts