Porsche 718 Forum banner
81 - 100 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
There's a member that has Gentian Blue w/ Black - Bordeaux - its a nice combination. Its not Oslo Blue, but it still would be a striking combination
Yes. I'm stalking his (paging @808c2s) car and others... Speaking of @808c2s -- Do you have GT Silver interior trim (standard with classic interior) or did you CXX Carbon Fiber?
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting Hood Car

Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Vehicle Car Hood Blue Motor vehicle

·
Registered
589 Posts
I don't think you get the option the change the interior trim - its painted GT Silver in the Classic Interior package - which is nicer than the bright plastic version that is default in the other interiors (exc for the ones that have CF as part of the package)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
I don't think you get the option the change the interior trim - its painted GT Silver in the Classic Interior package - which is nicer than the bright plastic version that is default in the other interiors (exc for the ones that have CF as part of the package)
CXX option submitted for the CF.

·
Registered
2022 Cayman GTS 4.0 6-speed
667 Posts
@Hal H It was confirmed available and submitted. Just waiting on the formal approval. The way things are who knows. I had to remove LEDs due to the stop sale.
LED Headlights are unavailable?? I wonder if that means that the premium package which includes LEDs is also unavailable. I was just notified that I've moved up from #5 to #3 awaiting allocation for a 2023 PTS CGTS, with the estimation that I'll get a late 2022 build slot.

·
Registered
2021 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
925 Posts
LED Headlights are unavailable?? I wonder if that means that the premium package which includes LEDs is also unavailable. I was just notified that I've moved up from #5 to #3 awaiting allocation for a 2023 PTS CGTS, with the estimation that I'll get a late 2022 build slot.
Apparently no more LEDs on 718's. There are a couple of people on Rennlist that say that they will cancel their order if true. Seems somewhat extreme to me.
Clearly the premium package won't be too premium without the headlights. You might want to be ready to a la carte (or not) the other parts of the package.

·
Registered
589 Posts
the prices will probably adjust down due to the cancellation of PDLS+ - at least we get the black housing PDLS 35w Xenon which still moves with turns with steering and not the base 25w setup

I too would have preferred having the LED PDLS+, but I told my salesman they better not cancel the 18 way SS+ seats
(he commented there's no way...he's been working @ dealer for 16 years...)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
Yea, the led light stop sale stinks, but not the end of the world. In some ways the black bi-xenons look better and may age better once the look of led inevitably changes. The idea that someone would cancel their order is crazy. I read the same on Rennlist.

·
Registered
2021 Cayman GTS 4.0
959 Posts
Yea, the led light stop sale stinks, but not the end of the world. In some ways the black bi-xenons look better and may age better once the look of led inevitably changes. The idea that someone would cancel their order is crazy. I read the same on Rennlist.
Madness decision! Xenons look better IMO and are plenty excellent. Also height of xenon > birth of LED I suspect, for long term.

I went fairly option kooky w carbon trim, folding mirrors, lane change assist, glossy black wheels, and... Burmester! (Best sound system I have ever heard - perfect.)

Porsche did him a favor, I say.

Reactions: OakenGoby

·
Registered
2021 Cayman GTS 4.0
959 Posts
D'oh, missed my starting point: I very much prefer my black accent Bi-Xenon headlamps to all other possibilities.

Reactions: OakenGoby

·
Registered
589 Posts
the other items in Premium Pkg will be continued, but its likely the price will be adjusted and the LED lights will be dropped from the package - similarly how the power seat option (14 way / 18 way) price dropped due to deletion of the power steering column adjuster

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
We ordered my wife’s Cayenne GTS last July. Around September there was a stop sale on LED matrix headlights. The delay was only about 6 weeks. Our options were wait it out or pay a reduced price for the Premium Plus package. We waited it out. Then the car was stuck at the port waiting on TPMS sensors only to board Felicity Ace destined for the bottom of the Atlantic. The replacement build arrived last month almost to the date a year after our order was placed. Since we are nearing the end of 982 productions, I suggest getting what you can while you can.

As for PTS, I understand it will not reopen until January. Obviously those already in queue will be first. If you can get a non-PTS allocation, I suggest jumping on it based on our experience of what could happen. I decided to forgo PTS (would have moved from September build to February build) to avoid further parts supply issues. Next on the chopping block is Bose from what I’ve been told.

Good luck!

81 - 100 of 129 Posts