Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Has anyone heard of Starke Design wheels? They are half the price of the OZ wheels. I'm looking for winter wheels. Nothing fancy - they'll never see any hard driving or track action. So if I can spend half the money on a set of wheels for winter that would be great! They don't seem to come in 18" sizes though - just the 19 and up.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've priced the OZ winter wheel package with Dunlop NSpec winter tires for 718's. In Canada the price is almost identical to the package offered at Porsche. But a less expensive option are the wheels from Replika Model #R140A

·
Registered
716 Posts
Looking at the wheels available on tire rack for 19" wheels they all have different offsets form what the 718 manual says (assuming I am reading the manual correctly.)

So if the manual says the wheel size is 8Jx19 RO 57 does that mean the offset is 57mm?

·
Registered
716 Posts
Also, does a smaller offset value move the wheel towards the inside or the outside of the car? It seems it would move it towards the inside. But the chat person at TireRack said it moves it to the outside (which doesn't seems right to me)

·
Premium Member
1,887 Posts
Gentleman (and, presumably, ladies),

First, please read this post of mine with calculated fitment info for aftermarket wheels. It should be a good baseline.

Then, please read this most excellent article that explains wheel nomenclature, including offset, width, backspacing, etc.

Here's your first lesson, free. For positive offsets, where the wheel in question is the same width:
- A higher number moves the entire wheel inward from the hub (closer to the center of the axle), decreasing track width.
- A lower number moves the entire wheel outward from the hub (away from to the center of the axle), increasing track width.

Reactions: SoCalS5
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.