Porsche 718 Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Cayman GTS 4.0
574 Posts
Get yourself some clear side markers! Looks great.
I just had my dealer swap them in today. Had a latte from the barista while waiting at the new Porsche Austin monstrosity location. :cool:

·
Registered
772 Posts
I just had my dealer swap them in today. Had a latte from the barista while waiting at the new Porsche Austin monstrosity location. :cool:
Kudos to Porsche Austin!

My Bride and I opted to drive 2.5 hours to Porsche Austin (versus 45 minutes to Porsche San Antonio) for our (BS) 10,000 mile service on April 1st, due to a far less than stellar previous visit to Porsche San Antonio. Porsche Austin is a fabulous facility (so modern and clean I actually took pictures!), their customer service was first tier, and they offered a base Macan loaner. Our Porsche San Antonio SA stated they were not offering loaners "due to COVID-19."

Reactions: Graustark

·
Registered
718 CB / GT silver - 2019 vintage
40 Posts
Congratulations on the gorgeous addition to your garage. Beautiful spec; to many miles of smiles!

Reactions: julescatmd

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Hi Guys,

Sorry for the lack of response to all your amazing posts. Unfortunately, after MR 69 ALB pointed out the lack of a chin spoiler and an intermittent fault I was getting with ACC, I am sorry to inform you that after I took the 718 to a local Porsche dealer I was informed that the car was in fact damaged. Upon review of the images obtained prior to shipment, it was clear this damaged was there prior to to the sale. Since I was not informed of this issue prior to the purchase of my 718, I contacted the dealer I got it from and they will take the car back :cry:. What a shame. I really loved my car. I can't believe they would sell a car that way.

·
Registered
888 Posts
They won't make it right? That seems like an easy fix on their part unless there is more to it that can't be seen

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
The problem is that there is sub frame damage according to my local Porsche guy. I sent an email and the reply I got was to tell the local dealer to stop any further investigation. The car was deemed unsafe to drive. At this point it is best for them just to take it. My new Porsche experience has been soured for sure.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts