Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Porsche 718 Cayman S
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very stoked to have just picked up this '18 Cayman S. It's like driving a powerful go-cart. Took me some years to work my way up to this. I've previously owned 2 914s, '67 912, '74 911, '07 Cayman S, and now to this beauty. Plan to do a couple minor mods to make it my own. Any realistic suggestion?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Very nice. The only mod I would highly recommend is pulling the Soundakator fuse as it reduces the cabin boom significantly. Apart from that enjoy it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Very nice. The only mod I would highly recommend is pulling the Soundakator fuse as it reduces the cabin boom significantly. Apart from that enjoy it.
The sound actuator is only active in sport mode. If you do not activate sport mode the cabin is quite.
The goal of the sound actuator is to support/enrich the engine-specific sound, whereby the acoustic component of the sound actuator should harmonize with the sound of the engine and exhaust system depending on load, engine speed and driving speed. I did not disconnect mine, I really enjoy my Soundakator when I'm in sports mode.

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
You know, carbon fiber looks really good with agate gray, IMHO! But it depends on what realistic means.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
FWIW, I did nothing to my sound actuator and have always like the sound in the interior. At least I don't have a problem with it. Everyone has their own preferences for other stuff. I like the orange side markers. I don't like red brake calipers. They mkae a statement but don't harmonize with the rest of the package. But that's what they are so that's what they are.

The best personalization you can do is add your own mileage to the odometer! Enjoy the process!

Reactions: JazzCatGab
1 - 8 of 8 Posts