Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered my new 2018 Cayman S yesterday. I am not only new to this forum I am also new to the Porsche brand. I have owned or still own the other 3 German brands... BMW, Mercedes, Audi. I will be trolling this site patiently waiting the arrival! Looking forward to learning more about the brand and the driving experience.

As we approach the holiday season I would like to wish everyone a "Happy Holiday"... and of course an even happier " New Year".

·
892 Posts
Hi Greg & a warm welcome to the forum. In what country do you reside & could you possibly tell us a little more about the other cars you own or have owned? You'll find we're mostly all car nuts here, apart from Johan who's just nuts. :D

·
Registered
388 Posts
Welcome aboard Greg! The other brands you mentioned make some fine automobiles, Porsche is specific in making fine Sports Cars. That little bit of difference will make owning one all the more exciting and interesting... When you drive an AMG by Mercedes, an Audi Sport by Audi, or M car by BMW you're able to see a luxury car manufacturers interpretation of a sports car. Porsche on the other hand, is a Sports Car company that recently started making luxury cars (Cayenne, Panamera, etc...). It's a different take on a philosophy we all enjoy here.
I'm also curious what the other cars you own are...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Finally In!

Well....finally got the call about an hour ago. Ordered the car back on December 20th. Got so antsy I went to Atlanta last weekend to the Porsche drive experience and drove my model ( had a blast and learned a few things in the process).
Have scheduled car to be picked up Saturday ( salesman doesn't work on Friday :(). Now I feel like I may have some things to actually contribute to this forum!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Well....finally got the call about an hour ago. Ordered the car back on December 20th. Got so antsy I went to Atlanta last weekend to the Porsche drive experience and drove my model ( had a blast and learned a few things in the process).
Have scheduled car to be picked up Saturday ( salesman doesn't work on Friday :(). Now I feel like I may have some things to actually contribute to this forum!
Congrats! I feel your pain/antsy-ness.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts