Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel that I never hear about opportunities to meet fellow enthusiasts or Porsche owners until after an event occurs, so while it's winter here in NJ and we have time to plan events once the weather warms and the salt washes away, is anyone interested in attending a meet-up? I'm in the Princeton area, pretty central in NJ and near any eastern-PA members.

Just trying to start the conversation...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For anyone interested, there's one I found a couple of months out: Sunday, April 28, Sunday Cars and Coffee Starter at Moto Business Park, 400 Rike Dr, Millstone, NJ 08535; see http://www.carsandcoffeenj.com for more info. I'm signed up and hope to see some of you there.

·
Registered
593 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I, too, won't be able to make it, but would LOVE to read about people's experiences and review pics! My local PCA club, Schattenbaum, plans to go.

·
Registered
77 Posts
If you don't mind a drive into Bucks County (35 - 40 minutes from Princeton), Sloane Porsche Warrington (the former Holbert's) holds a C&C monthly - check their website . There's also a non-denominational C&C (but Porsche heavy) done by a group called Bucks County Exotics (buckscountyexotics.com) twice monthly spring through fall a couple of minutes closer to you. If you take the fun back roads, you can make it the perfect Porsche morning. I relocated from Princeton to Bucks a few years ago. Have been becoming active in my PCA branch - highly suggested to look into yours. I might take a Sunday drive to the Millstone C&C referenced above.

·
Registered
593 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
@aeronca65tl and @ldamelio thanks for the suggestions. Looks like some good stuff. Had an INCREDIBLE time at the www.carsandcoffeenj.com this past weekend, probably 400 cars, with fewer than 10 Porsches (including mine), but also countless unique Corvettes, Mustangs, GT-Rs, Vipers (had to be around 10), an Urus, multiple Lambos and Ferraris, plus several notable 70s-era muscle cars. Here's a link to the gallery: https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157704824502132/ Mine is on page 2, in the center, 5th row from the bottom. I'll DEFINITELY be back, but will absolutely check out your other suggestions.

Attachments

·
Registered
593 Posts
@aeronca65tl and @ldamelio thanks for the suggestions. Looks like some good stuff. Had an INCREDIBLE time at the www.carsandcoffeenj.com this past weekend, probably 400 cars, with fewer than 10 Porsches (including mine), but also countless unique Corvettes, Mustangs, GT-Rs, Vipers (had to be around 10), an Urus, multiple Lambos and Ferraris, plus several notable 70s-era muscle cars. Here's a link to the gallery: https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157704824502132/ Mine is on page 2, in the center, 5th row from the bottom. I'll DEFINITELY be back, but will absolutely check out your other suggestions.
Thanks for the link and photos.

I've heard about that show and will make an effort to attend it at least some point this year. It's about 70 miles south of me. I have a brother who lives in Jackson (much closer to Millstone) and is also a car-nut. I'll remind him about C&C, plus forward him the link to photos.

The thing I like about these type of C&C events is that they don't kill the entire day....usually ending around noon or before.

I'm in Florida right now (taking my four grandkids to Disney) and am missing my all-time favourite car show in NJ: Britfest.

The 718 is only my second Porsche but I've owned many Brit sports cars since I was 16 and still own several. Britfest is run by my friends at our local MG club. But as much as I wish it, I can't be in two places at the same time.

Will let you know if I head to the Millstone C&C event.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@aeronca65tl I understand the drive; 70 miles in NJ could be around an hour or much longer, depending on which routes you're near. I'm hesitant to drive to further ones in south NJ or even closer to Philly for that same reason. For me, this one is 30 minutes and pretty easy to get to; the NJ State Police are even there coordinating traffic and keeping the revs from getting too high! ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts