Porsche 718 Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Isn't that only being sold in Europe right now? I just haven't seen or heard much of the AR 4C. It makes me weary of the brand. I have this feeling that they aren't very reliable and are prone to problems.
They're selling here in Chicago. One thing AR needs to learn... If you offer only one transmission for a car, it better work great. The other issue with them is that they are loud inside. Part of this is because they are so lightweight. Some strategic sound deadening would help...maybe better motor mounts too?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Sad news about the 718 not really happening any more. What are you guys going to look into instead? Another Porsche? The Miata? Something else?
I guess I will have to keep my 718 but will never buy another car with a turbo. That low rpm torque is the most important item for my city driving.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Can we lock this thread? I'm not sure how it keeps cropping up and I think it continues to mislead when people read the "Sad news about the 718 not really happening any more" fake news.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Sad news about the 718 not really happening any more. What are you guys going to look into instead? Another Porsche? The Miata? Something else?
What does "not really happening any more." Is this news from Porsche? Is this your opinion? Are you trolling or are you on the level? I can tell you that my car IS happening and it happens on the track regularly. Why would you think someone with a 350 horsepower, 3000lb, mid-engine, turbo charged wonder, would want to step down to a car with 150Hp? Are you Mazda shill? Is this a disguised Mazda ad? I don't get it. Please fill me in. This might sound like an aggressive post, but I am just trying to understand something here. It sounds like you are ringing a death knell. Again, please fill me in.

·
Registered
2017 Boxster 718S Graphite Blue
98 Posts
What does "not really happening any more." Is this news from Porsche? Is this your opinion? Are you trolling or are you on the level? I can tell you that my car IS happening and it happens on the track regularly. Why would you think someone with a 350 horsepower, 3000lb, mid-engine, turbo charged wonder, would want to step down to a car with 150Hp? Are you Mazda shill? Is this a disguised Mazda ad? I don't get it. Please fill me in. This might sound like an aggressive post, but I am just trying to understand something here. It sounds like you are ringing a death knell. Again, please fill me in.
Put the cool aid back in to the bottle, and slowly walk away....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
301 Posts
This thread was started in 2014

21 - 30 of 30 Posts