Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few photos from my recent-ish running-in road trip to Norway. We actually did it in September, but it's taken a while for me to post it up!

The car was on about 350 miles when we left and hit about 3400 miles on our return to the UK. I've got to say she is fabulous - fast, precise, comfortable and surprisingly practical. All in all a fantastic trip which i'd whole-heartedly recommend - Norway is so scenic.

Here is our route if of any interest:

Excuse my rather crappy photos

Tire Sky Cloud Vehicle Wheel

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Plant

Sky Vehicle Plant Car Vehicle registration plate

Tire Wheel Car Cloud Vehicle

Wheel Tire Cloud Sky Vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Sky

Mountain Sky Vehicle Road surface Asphalt

Automotive parking light Car Wheel Tire Vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Sky

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nice. I spent some time in Norway back when the Harwich Esbjerg ferry was still running.

Stunning scenery, good roads in many regards. But speed limits are low and enforcement is seriously draconian.
Yes, it's a shame there are no direct ferries, we went Harwich - Hook.

Away from the main 'E' roads there seemed to be few cameras or police - some of the locals didn't hang around so it was quite useful following them. The Norwegians were generally good, considerate drivers.

I had heard about the police deploying unmarked cars with hand-held speed guns and did encounter one, but i was close to the limit so wasn't punished. Saying all this, 90kmh felt fast enough on some of roads!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Great photos, car and road trip. The route map was useful and your post has me thinking of Norway for next year as I have never been there. Is accommodation easy to find or does one really have to book well in advance?
Norway does have a reputation for strict and low ish speed limits so interesting that you did not find that much of an issue, I guess it is like most places and things are a little more flexible away from villages and “civilisation”. Scandinavia also has a reputation for sky high food, drink and hotel costs so it would be interesting to know how long you went for.
Looks like a fantastic trip, thanks for the post.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts