Porsche 718 Forum banner

Now this is how you park at the mall!!!

6K views 24 replies 14 participants last post by  DriveInHouston 
#1 ·
#4 ·
The unfortunate reality of this is someone may go out of their way to damage that car just for the spite of it. In 2004 and the day after I bought the 350Z, I went to HD. Bright blue sky day. I parked well away from any other cars. I mean hundreds of feet away. When I got back to my car I found a shopping cart parked against the drivers door. Three little dings presented themselves. Next day the car was at the ding doctor with no signs of the damage after I left. The only scars that remained were on my psyche and my thoughts about human nature.

#8 ·
Within 6 months of buying my brand new GTI, I dropped by a dive bar one night for drinks with a friend. Parked in a dirt parking lot. Came back to find the driver's door, driver side rear panel, and hatch were keyed.

Some say that jerkwad is still envious and unhappy to this day, failing to find meaning in the destruction of others' property.

#6 ·
Not to be too Pollyannaish about this, but all those curvy tire tracks makes it look like that little car had a heck of good time just getting to its parking place.

#10 ·
Nope! I had never been to that bar before, and haven't been back, lol.

I knew a person once who said he either wanted to, or would, or had (don't recall) key cars who parked blatantly across parking lines. Truly impressive mindset. Maybe someone had to park in an emergency? Maybe they're some octogenarian who simply is not great with geometry? The automatic judgement from this bozo was amazing.

Not that I recommend this to anyone, but if you can't help yourself, maybe just let the air out of someone's tires? No permanent damage. Or they can flip me the bird. I'd rather have that.

#21 ·
I had a 2007 Forester, which I consider the original crossover, a high ground clearance station wagon. The second best car I ever had... AWD, stick, low gear setting, minimal lean on the turns, comfortable ride. Took it to the mountain dirt roads in Greece, the Austrian Alps for skiing.

It broke my heart to have to sell it when we repatriated back to the US...

I haven’t driven a CVT boxer buddy, but if I can get one with a stick, I’ll convince my son to buy it!

#24 ·
Absolutely loved our two (FWD, 5-speed) Subaru Legacies (‘93 sedan & ‘93 wagon). They were amazingly trouble free, except for the CV joInt boots, which only lasted 55K to 75K miles...usually requiring new half shafts.

Decent handling cars sharing a very reliable and quite robust (for the day) 4-pot boxer that easily propelled both cars 115+ mph on frequent Tulsa/Denver and Tulsa/Houston “cannonball” runs. In fact, neither engine ever required any additional oil between changes...and they were both SERIOUSLY pushed!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.