Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Vendor
391 Posts

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just spoke to Durametric technical support and they are currently working on software updates to support the 718 (982) Cayman line with an anticipated release of mid 2019. I asked if any of the current software functionality for the other Cayman's would work with the 718 and the technician didn't have an answer. There is no "scanner" per se with their system; it is run through your PC with their proprietary interface cable and their software. There is no physical scanner/reader device. They release updates as they become available. The Enthusiast Kit supports up to 3 VIN's.

· Registered
20 Posts
I recently did an oil change on my 718 Cayman Base and reset the service interval successfully with an iCarsoft POR-II. I also have a Macan and originally purchased that scanner for the Macan. Of interest - the 718 Cayman is NOT listed in any menus on the POR-II scanner. IF you instead just use the Macan menus it works perfectly. So - some shared technology apparently exists between models.

· Registered
87 Posts
Guys any update on his topic?
I recently went trough the Durametric website, could not identify the application for the 718...

any other options?

thanks!

· Registered
24 Posts
FYI I contacted Duramtric as well as Foxwell in recent days and got the we don't support the 982 yet but we still plan to. No eta available. I reminded them several times this is NOT a new car anymore...

· Registered
907 Posts
I recently did an oil change on my 718 Cayman Base and reset the service interval successfully with an iCarsoft POR-II. I also have a Macan and originally purchased that scanner for the Macan. Of interest - the 718 Cayman is NOT listed in any menus on the POR-II scanner. IF you instead just use the Macan menus it works perfectly. So - some shared technology apparently exists between models.
982 is listed on the icarsoft PORv2 and will support all functions for C and B models, it resets all sensors reads all codes and extinguishes / resets all service lights warnings.
i have also used it to recode a new battery but i had to choose a 991 in the menu ?

Cheers

· Registered
24 Posts
982 is listed on the icarsoft PORv2 and will support all functions for C and B models, it resets all sensors reads all codes and extinguishes / resets all service lights warnings.
i have also used it to recode a new battery but i had to choose a 991 in the menu ?

Cheers
Do you know if it can do dme reports? I.e. over Rev report?

· Registered
2018 Cayman GTS
31 Posts
I picked up a Launch CRP479 when I got my Cayman a couple of years ago. It goes for $200 - $250 and does about 15 things. I have used the Oil Reset, TPMS to check my IDs and ABS Brake Bleed with no issues. I think I have to choose 981 Boxter or something like that, but it works fine.

Launch CRP479

Mobile phone Telephony Portable communications device Communication Device Telephone

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.