Porsche 718 Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
I went with this 19" wheel from Discount Tire Direct. I was in between on an OEM package vs aftermarket. At the time Suncoast had a package on sale but shipping was brutal and made it about a wash with aftermarket. I liked that with the aftermarket option I could pick the tires I wanted. Also this wheel, if they still have it, is OEM fitment and not super heavy.

·
Registered
90 Posts
That last post reminds me - does the OE wheel set come with center caps or is that an extra cost either way?

I suppose I would upgrade to the gold/red center caps for use on the original summer rims, and put the black and white caps on the new rims for winter use.

As for the quality of TireRack aftermarket rims, I had two sets of 16" "ASA Type 8" rims on a rear wheel drive Mercedes with summer and winter tires and never had a problem. The difference in handling and road noise was entirely because of the summer vs winter tires since the rims were the same either way. Never had an issue with the quality or durability of them.

·
Registered
90 Posts
That last post reminds me - does the OE wheel set come with center caps or is that an extra cost either way?

I suppose I would upgrade to the gold/red center caps for use on the original summer rims, and put the black and white caps on the new rims for winter use.

As for the quality of TireRack aftermarket rims, I had two sets of 16" "ASA Type 8" rims on a rear wheel drive Mercedes with summer and winter tires and never had a problem. The difference in handling and road noise was entirely because of the summer vs winter tires since the rims were the same either way. Never had an issue with the quality or durability of them.
The center caps are extra. That was another thing that turned me off from the OEM idea, since it was an additional expense as my existing caps would've been a different color from the wheel.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I read that Michelin is coming out with 19” all-season tires in Aug / Sep. I’m planning to do that to keep my look as close as possible to my daily 20” wheels.

·
Registered
2021 718
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Yes. You’ll save on tires because Florida has no curves. Move to Georgia or North Carolina.
Yes. You’ll save on tires because Florida has no curves. Move to Georgia or North Carolina.
You just took about 1/2 fun of owning a 718 away. I’ll stick to a place with an adequate supply or curvy roads. Haha

·
Registered
149 Posts
Michelin pilot as4 is out. Available in 19” size. I have a set of new apex wheels (bought a few months ago during the group buy) that I am going to wrap them with the Michelins and see how they do; they have great reviews thus far.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts