Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Official Porsche dealer forgot to order park assist that was standard included in the base price and car is already locked and Porsche germany refused to add it so dealer offers me he will order original kit and install park assist himself when car arrives before delivery to me. does that void my Porsche warranty because it’s aftermarket even though Porsche official dealer installs it??

·
Registered
520 Posts
If I recall from other posts, you're somewhere in the Middle East. The answer to your question would vary from country to country, and Porsche Middle East GmbH (or your equivalent) would be the ultimate decider

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Middle East
Strange true but that’s what happened as I understand each country has a bit different base spec and for some reason when the spec was built they missed it that’s what i was told although its on my order as a base option included

·
Registered
835 Posts
If you say they are standard in your country, the dealer would not need to order them as they’ll be already fitted at the factory. I’d suggest you speak to the sales manager and ask for a copy of the build sheet they submitted and discuss any issues with him. They should have advised you that the car is going into lockdown and asked you to double check the order.

·
Registered
418 Posts
What specifically did you order? I had a play on the configurator for the Middle East and noticed that all bar the GTS have Park Assist with Camera as an option. The GTS doesn't show it at all yet the media doesn't reflect any sensors or the camera.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What specifically did you order? I had a play on the configurator for the Middle East and noticed that all bar the GTS have Park Assist with Camera as an option. The GTS doesn't show it at all yet the media doesn't reflect any sensors or the camera.
Park assist rear and front plus reverse camera
It’s on my order as an inclusive option included in the base price. Its not something I asked for and paid more for it.
Meanwhile it looks like the issue is going to be settled by a new allocation for February instead of the current in December not bad considering..,

·
Registered
418 Posts
Park assist rear and front plus reverse camera
It’s on my order as an inclusive option included in the base price. Its not something I asked for and paid more for it.
Meanwhile it looks like the issue is going to be settled by a new allocation for February instead of the current in December not bad considering..,
Apologies, I meant to ask which model did you order?

·
Super Moderator
2,120 Posts
The Australian models have a whole lot of standard items that are not standard in other markets. How that comes about I have no idea. I just assumed that it was part of the deal with Porsche Australia. None of those items need to ordered by the customer.

It seems that someone slipped up somewhere, but it's good that your dealer and Porsche are going to fix the mistake.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The Australian models have a whole lot of standard items that are not standard in other markets. How that comes about I have no idea. I just assumed that it was part of the deal with Porsche Australia. None of those items need to ordered by the customer.

It seems that someone slipped up somewhere, but it's good that your dealer and Porsche are going to fix the mistake.
Yes they immediately admitted they missed to tick that box and I like such candor. Everybody makes mistakes but not everyone admits.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Yes they immediately admitted they missed to tick that box and I like such candor. Everybody makes mistakes but not everyone admits.
Admitting mistakes is an innate superpower everyone has. Sadly, few elect to use this power.

Reactions: MOG_80TH
1 - 14 of 14 Posts