Porsche 718 Forum banner
81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Sapphire Blue Cayman S
29 Posts
What kind of witchcraft needs to be done to get the front swaybar out? I remember thinking it looked near impossible last time I was under there and was dreading the day I'd need to do it haha.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Ohlins R&T installed.

The profile look is to die for, I'm amazed by the stance and melt eveytine I walk towards my car, wheels look bigger, drop was 40mm against the regular Cayman S with no PASM.
I still haven't tried it on the track but on the street with 15 clicks it's just as comfortable as the stock suspension but with stiffer feeling, not sure how to put it in words but it doesn't floats as much as before, feels more bouncy at slow speeds on bad roads or speed bumps but feels solid and I find the stifness enjoyable, no clunking noises or the feeling the chasis is struggling. At high speeds under uneven surfaces it feels like the road is flatter, in better condition, which gives you the confidence to ride faster without noticing it or feeling overwhelmed by speed.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

·
Vendor
382 Posts
40mm is too low, however that pic doesn't look that low. If you're really that low I'd suggest come up at least 10mm.

The R&Ts are pretty amazing in terms of ride quality!

Ohlins R&T installed.

The profile look is to die for, I'm amazed by the stance and melt eveytine I walk towards my car, wheels look bigger, drop was 40mm against the regular Carman S with no PASM.
I still haven't tried it on the track but on the street with 15 clicks it's just as comfortable as the stock suspension but with stiffer feeling, not sure how to put it in words but it doesn't floats as much as before, feels more bouncy at slow speeds on bad roads or speed bumps but feels solid and I find the stifness enjoyable, no clunking noises or the feeling the chasis is struggling. At high speeds under uneven surfaces it feels like the road is flatter, in better condition, which gives you the confidence to ride faster without noticing it or feeling overwhelmed by speed.

View attachment 43830

·
Registered
163 Posts
40mm is too low, however that pic doesn't look that low. If you're really that low I'd suggest come up at least 10mm.

The R&Ts are pretty amazing in terms of ride quality!
I'm pretty sure the CS sits 20mm higher than the GTS with PASM and the recommended specs from Ohlins are only 20mm lower than the PASM equipped cars.

Here are my OEM heights from the fenders to the ground:

FL 669mm - FR 670mm
RL 675mm - RR 675mm

Ohlins

FL 626mm - FR 628mm
RL 638mm - RR 640mm

42mm drop at the front
35mm drop at the rear

·
Vendor
382 Posts
I've never seen a PASM spec from Ohlins. AFAIK all of their specs, for Caymans anyway, are non PASM. And if you follow their specs for setup, you get what you get. PASM or not. A PASM car just won't lower as much, because it shouldn't be lowered much more.

I'm pretty sure the CS sits 20mm higher than the GTS with PASM and the recommended specs from Ohlins are only 20mm lower than the PASM equipped cars.

Here are my OEM heights from the fenders to the ground:

FL 669mm - FR 670mm
RL 675mm - RR 675mm

Ohlins

FL 626mm - FR 628mm
RL 638mm - RR 640mm

42mm drop at the front
35mm drop at the rear

·
Registered
185 Posts
FWIW, when I got my Ohlins put on, and I said "Only a 20mm drop from my base suspension (e.g., S/PASM)", but when I picked it up, the younger gentleman that did the work apparently thought I was wanted it (how do the kids say it?) "slammed". It was constantly bottoming out the shocks on the pretty smooth Florida roads. Went back to adjust to the 20mm drop, and its super nice now.

·
Vendor
382 Posts
Unfortunately a lot of folks don't follow the instructions.. :( Glad you got it sorted out.

FWIW, when I got my Ohlins put on, and I said "Only a 20mm drop from my base suspension (e.g., S/PASM)", but when I picked it up, the younger gentleman that did the work apparently thought I was wanted it (how do the kids say it?) "slammed". It was constantly bottoming out the shocks on the pretty smooth Florida roads. Went back to adjust to the 20mm drop, and its super nice now.

81 - 87 of 87 Posts