Porsche 718 Forum banner

Oil Change

10K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  thunderstrike 
#1 ·
Hello

I want to change the oil & oil filter on my boxster 718S.
Has someone the workshop manual describing how to acces to the engine and filters?

thanks
regards
Pierre718

#15 ·
Very odd indeed. As far as I know, there have been no changes to the engine or exhaust components in the US for the 718 during its life so far. Very odd that my cars manual (a 2018) would say A40 spec and yours would say C40 with seemingly no differences in the vehicles other than the model year.

#18 ·
I too have a 2019 718S and my manual calls for C40. I have not been able to find Mobil 1 ESP X3 0W40 anywhere. The Porsche dealer that did my oil change used A40. I need to top up
the oil level and I am confused about which oil to use if I could even find C40. Mobil 1 site says do not mix A40 and C40. I am just wondering what you did in your search for oil?

#19 ·
I have an Australian delivered 2020 Cayman base. The Owners manual specifies C40 Oil. You simply cannot find it here, so I rang my Porsche Dealer and asked...what oil to use.

Mobil 1 or any equivalent that is A40 Porsche spec is the oil to use, and what the dealership uses according the the person in Service I spoke to. Australian delivered cars do not have the petrol particulate filter. European cars do, and require C40 spec oil is my take on it. It appears that C40 oil is not available in markets where the car does not require it, which sort of makes sense, as no point in stocking it if there is no demand. I've been through three large retailers of oil here locally, and C40 oil is not stocked , in any brand.

#24 · (Edited)
Great how to PDF. I chose not to remove the Headlight Leveler. I replaced filter with the filter housing in place, simply rotated the filter housing upside down to drain oil, then removed the filter.

Install: insert the filter, rotate the filter housing back to reinstall it.

Check out my instruction at 718 Filter Change.jpg photo - JongKim photos at pbase.com

pbase.com/thunderstrike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.