Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to change the oil on my 2021 Cayman S as I am 3/4 of the way through breakin miles and the 1st years maintenance is April 2022. I usually do an early oil change on new cars then every 5k thereafter. I cant seem to find any online sites which list the 2021 Cayman although other 2021 models are listed. Cant imagine anything has changed since 2018-2020 but I am the kind of person that needs to see it in writing. Does anyone know any online site which sells filters for a 2021 2.5. I cant imagine what the dealer wants.

·
Premium Member
2019 base Cayman
1,407 Posts
I don't think it is too bad a price at Suncoast Porsche. You can probably find it cheaper at Pelican or elsewhere. But here is the high side anyway.

·
Premium Member
2019 base Cayman
1,407 Posts
No oil filter there seems to fit. However, Suncoast Porsche seems to be the place many folks go to and that link includes 2021 models. Are they still doing the first service for free these days? I understand why you may wish to change the oil quickly, it is something I've always done too ... except for my new Porsche. BTW, the required oil is not easy to find, some have said. The C40 spec isn't common like A40 (which is Porsche certified, but needs the C40 spec also). You need MOBIL 1 ESP X3 0W-40. Do a search for oil here and see what you find. This is discussed.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No oil filter there seems to fit. However, Suncoast Porsche seems to be the place many folks go to and that link includes 2021 models. Are they still doing the first service for free these days? I understand why you may wish to change the oil quickly, it is something I've always done too ... except for my new Porsche. BTW, the required oil is not easy to find, some have said. The C40 spec isn't common like A40 (which is Porsche certified, but needs the C40 spec also). You need MOBIL 1 ESP X3 0W-40. Do a search for oil here and see what you find. This is discussed.

Yes first service is still included at no charge. I was thinking of usung this oil

·
Registered
251 Posts
Are you sure? I didn't see anything in that link which says the filter does NOT fit your car; just that your car isn't listed. It looks to me as though they simply haven't updated their list of cars which this filter fits.

I have a 2021 Cayman base and I find a lot of parts which aren't yet listed, but that doesn't mean that a 2020 or 2019 component isn't the same thing. Of course, no guarantees either, but you get the idea.

I'm getting ready to change my oil early too. You have to hunt for C40 oil, but you can find it at a reasonable price. But I wonder if it is really necessary since we don't have the GPFs on our cars. I can't find any definitive information on that, so I'm using C40. I'm also willing to bet that my dealer doesn't have C40, but I have 6 months to wait until it might become an issue.

·
Premium Member
2019 base Cayman
1,407 Posts
Reactions: raaizin
1 - 7 of 7 Posts