Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When it's 80F in NJ on 2/21 there's only one thing to do. Undo the battery tender, wash and wax the Boxster, lower the roof and blow off the cobwebs. Geez I forgot how much fun this car is. I guess that's one advantage of enduring a northeast winter - a taste of spring feels amazing and I get to fall in love with this car all over again. After nearly 5 months of hibernation, this car felt as happy as me to rip around.

·
Registered
716 Posts
It is about 60 degrees here in CT. Feels wonderful - after the crazily cold winter we had. The outlook for the next few weeks looks good with most days in the 40s and 50s!

I have been driving my car everyday though as it is my daily driver, so the only thing I have to do is put summer tires back on it.

·
Premium Member
1,887 Posts
Dangit! THAT's where our weather went!

(34 degrees and torrentially rainy in Dallas)

SEND IT BACK! PRONTO! >:D

·
Registered
344 Posts
Dangit! THAT's where our weather went!

(34 degrees and torrentially rainy in Dallas)

SEND IT BACK! PRONTO! >:D
It's coming. Our forecast in CT tomorrow is the 30's with rain/snow. Ugh.

So glad my 718 hasn't arrived yet! :laugh:

Reactions: Viffermike

·
Registered
20 Posts
It is about 60 degrees here in CT. Feels wonderful - after the crazily cold winter we had. The outlook for the next few weeks looks good with most days in the 40s and 50s!

I have been driving my car everyday though as it is my daily driver, so the only thing I have to do is put summer tires back on it.
How has the Cayman been handling the winter? I'm in CT as well, and I'm yearning for a Cayman.

Although... family planning and such would mean it would have to been a complementary vehicle anyways.

·
Registered
716 Posts
How has the Cayman been handling the winter? I'm in CT as well, and I'm yearning for a Cayman.

Although... family planning and such would mean it would have to been a complementary vehicle anyways.
As long as the snow isn't too deep it and you've got winter tires it handles extremely well. You can have fun and get the rear out if you like, but if you take it easy then everything stays in line. IMO it handles better than our VW Tiguan (which is 4 wheel drive using all weather tires).

·
Registered
344 Posts

Lots of CT people on this forum. Where about??

·
Registered
720 Posts
Yeah, weather was great in NJ a few days ago. I got some nice seat time in with my Cayman.

Today in NJ it's rainy and cold.

Luckily, I'm in Florida this week (we're at the Florida Flywheelers Show in Sarasota).

Unluckily, I'm driving a rented KIA. :(

·
Registered
344 Posts
Outside Hartford. Went to Wallingford Porsche for my Macan, but couldn't stop staring at the graphite blue metallic Cayman they had on their floor.
Funny, I test drove that car during my search. I didn't order my car from there because they weren't willing to offer much of a discount (2% vs. the 7.25% I received from a dealer near Boston) and they didn't have any allocations.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Funny, I test drove that car during my search. I didn't order my car from there because they weren't willing to offer much of a discount (2% vs. the 7.25% I received from a dealer near Boston) and they didn't have any allocations.
Interesting. I got 4% off my Macan, but I think I undercut myself because the first dealership I went to was only offering me $500 flat off a custom order, refused to budge. Had I been around this board a little more, I think I would have expanded my horizons and gotten myself a better deal. Oh well, live and learn.

It was really easy though. I emailed them, my SA called back within an hour, and we had a verbal agreement, and they've been great with follow-up and customer service since then.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.