Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
on order: 718 GTS 4.0
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I placed an order in August last year for a 718 GTS 4.0

Anticipated build is quarter 3 this year so still a fair wait to go.

This will be my 1st Porsche - I've had Audi's for the last 15 years and currently have a 2022 Audi RS3.
Its a great car but doesn't have the sound of my previous RS3 (a 2018 car).

I've often looked at the Porsche brand but never quite made it there before.
The introduction of the 4.0 litre engine finally got me through the door this time.
A test drive sealed the deal.

I'm looking forward to learning a lot of you Guys and passing the time leading up to finally getting the car.

· Registered
4,314 Posts
Thank you :)

Build code is:

PPLAW2A2
www.porsche-code.com

The Porsche Code
Very nice, light, lean and clean!

No longer a big fan of black wheels, as IMHO they tend to disappear, but they do blend well with your build's other contrasting exterior features. You may want to consider adding the smoking package, as it adds one more 12v outlet and covers the tiny exposed bin, giving the interior a more finished look. Regardless, I know you'll be thrilled with the final product.

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very nice, light, lean and clean!

No longer a big fan of black wheels, as IMHO they tend to disappear, but they do blend well with your build's other contrasting exterior features. You may want to consider adding the smoking package, as it adds one more 12v outlet and covers the tiny exposed bin, giving the interior a more finished look. Regardless, I know you'll be thrilled with the final product.
Like Tree, I am not a black wheels fan.
Curious if LCA and HomeLink were omitted intentionally?
Thanks Guys.
Someone else mentioned the smoking package so I will add that thanks.
I’m also pondering steering wheel controls over the stalk.

A few have mentioned black alloys and although I’m not the biggest fan of satin alloys I just think they contrast best with GT Silver …

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

· Registered
CGTS 4.0 PDK Aventurine Green
1,903 Posts
You've plenty of time to play with the configurator. Start with exterior colour and wheel options. After that everything just falls into place.

Turbo alloys are nice but can be a pain to clean unless ceramic coated. I'm not a lover of black wheels but they are true to the GTS model but I don't think anyone really cares about that anymore. Darker colours suit silver or diamond cut style alloys better imo. The GT silver with turbo alloys looks nice.

As I mentioned in your other thread, you really should option the dual zone climate.

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The turbo alloys are definitely an option and they are 2 tone which is nice but I’m not sure why they are a £1.5k option as they are the same size as the standard alloys.

saying that, when you toggle between the turbo alloys and standard on the configurator, it looks like the rear tyres increase in width (turbo) but when you click on i the description lists exact same tyre sizes ?

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Turbo alloys are forged and the only ones on the 718 that are. Probably the reason why they are more expensive but ias they say at Audi, 'Vorsprung durch Optional Extra'
ha ha I used to think the Audi options list was extensive but the Porsche list is mind blowing. To be fair I now see this as a good thing as not only are Audi limiting packs in the uk (available in other countries including Europe) what options are left are minimal. The spec options on the 718 whilst expensive will give me my perfect car with no compromise so I’m cool with that.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts