Porsche 718 Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
^ This iteration is particularly attractive with its yellow brake calipers imho.

Go with the PCCBs if that'll work for you?
Unfortunately PCCB isn't an option for me. Budget won't allow and to be fair, this is just a weekend B road vehicle and feel they would be a bit overkill.

·
Registered
116 Posts
My vote is for the Satin Platinum wheels. They look great on the pics with the Crayon exterior and black intakes.

My prev ride - an E250 cab - was a white body coupled with satin “frozen” gun metal rims that I resprayed to. Somehow on light cars I feel black wheels are ”too black” and it draws undue attention away.

This will be the same combo once I’ve enjoyed my original color 19” Boxster wheels on the Cayman!

Attached a pic if anyone is interested.

My 2c and personal pref.

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
@MOG_80TH Looks like you may have already decided but i've also replied to your message. These wheels look way better in the flesh than on the screen...

Hi Chris,

I have decided, although my spec lock date was pushed back again for the 2nd time. Best I leave it as it is else I start mucking about with more than just the wheels :)

View attachment 24163

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey guys I need some of your 2cents also
Im about to close my first porsche buy ever a dream for me.
Im going for the base cayman in chalk.
Cant decide between the following wheels.
Thx
7DEDBA80-8E20-43EB-85FF-A0BDEB6299C7.png
BBBF3D87-D6E8-4914-B5A4-3EE6D4E37F11.png
E691B738-BBAA-430E-A300-551DE75D5982.png

·
Registered
834 Posts
Hey guys I need some of your 2cents also
Im about to close my first porsche buy ever a dream for me.
Im going for the base cayman in chalk.
Cant decide between the following wheels.
Thx
View attachment 28242 View attachment 28243 View attachment 28244
It's hard to say from these photos. My general preference is usually not black but with Chalk/Crayon the black Carrera S wheels look great. I've seen the Carrera Sport wheels though and in black they look fantastic.
MOO

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks guys! The sport gives great contrast i really like them
The s in black satin are beautiful too sometimes they look black and sometimes grey but they and the tire look as one and I generally prefer a rim that stands out in itself
Ill have to decide and whatever will be will be ☺

·
Registered
564 Posts
I've played with these wheels on the configurator more than a few times :)
Pic#1 - IMO the down side of these wheels are the shiny outlines bits.
too much contrast for my eyes. (Seeing IRL may be very different)

Pic2 - (y) (y)

Pic3 - a little too plain; nondescript with Chalk

·
Registered
508 Posts
I agree with InTgr8r. I'd recommend the wheels in picture #1, but in Platinum Satin. That will go very well with Chalk.

Can't see anything in picture #2, can I? Black wheels strike again. They are bad.

Picture #3 shows how well Platinum Satin goes with the Chalk.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I’d go for 3 then 1 in that order. If you go down the gloss black route get them ceramic coated by a professional as soon as possible and don’t even let the dealership touch them. They will scratch so easily.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I've got choice 3 and happy I have gone that route.

Keep in mind that the first wheel is a wee bit wider and if by chance you get Pirelli tyres, they will appear stretched and very little protection from the rim protector built into most tyres. Also keep in mind that as standard, those wheels come painted Platinum with the shiny bits as mentioned above.

The one small draw back of platinum is you need to keep on top of a decent wheel cleaning regime as you don't have as much of a protection layer as you would with a gloss finish.

Lastly, and I know I will get flamed for this, stay clear of the black wheels. A massive pain to keep clean, shows all the marks and can look tired if not kept in top nick.

Are you going with PASM? If not, the larger 20's might exaggerate the wheel gap. The 19's do look quite decent. Have a play on Porsche's car locator and try different countries - you will likely find all the combo's and decent pics to compare.

I know I said lastly but truly - go with your gut feeling!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts