Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is odd. I opened the passenger side door to put some papers in the glove box. I walked around to the driver's side door to get to the frunk opener. The driver's side door was locked. Huh??? I've never had that happen before. Usually if one door is unlocked both doors are unlocked. What's going on?

Super Moderator
If you accidentally hit the lock button with the passenger door open the rest of the car locks.

If you unlocked the car with the fob then you could also open the frunk (froot) with the fob, so maybe your car was showing you who's the boss. 馃榾

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

The car was in the garage while the fob was in the house so the fob did not come into play. The passenger side was unlocked. The driver's side was locked. Very odd.

The car is definitely the boss.

Registered
Thanks!

The car was in the garage while the fob was in the house so the fob did not come into play. The passenger side was unlocked. The driver's side was locked. Very odd.

The car is definitely the boss.
Isn't that the way they're programmed, from the factory? I've had many cars that are - one click opens only the driver's door, second press unlocks all. Usually need to go into the lock settings (PCM in this case) and select "all doors unlock" or something like that. I think my 981s were that way, too, though I'm not certain. Our VWs are definitely that way from the factory.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Isn't that the way they're programmed, from the factory? I've had many cars that are - one click opens only the driver's door, second press unlocks all. Usually need to go into the lock settings (PCM in this case) and select "all doors unlock" or something like that. I think my 981s were that way, too, though I'm not certain. Our VWs are definitely that way from the factory.
That sounds logical BUT I would think that the driver's door would be the one that opened first. In this case it was the passenger door. Anyway, I will go into the settings and check it out. Thanks for the idea.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts