Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had experience with the ONR rinse-less car wash? Seems like an attractive in-door method for those cold winter months.

Interesting video:

·
Super Moderator
1,944 Posts
Like the guy in the video, I much prefer a full wash so I've never done a 'no rinse wash' but I use a number of Optimum products and find them very effective.
(A cold winter's day here might dip below 50°F. Brrrrr!)

·
Registered
252 Posts
ONR is widely used in the detailing community. It does an excellent job. The only time I wouldn't use it is if there's significant amounts of dirt or contamination (i.e. caked on) in those cases I'd try to rinse the dirt off first.

ONR also makes a good quick detailer concentrate and clay lube.

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ONR is widely used in the detailing community. It does an excellent job. The only time I wouldn't use it is if there's significant amounts of dirt or contamination (i.e. caked on) in those cases I'd try to rinse the dirt off first.

ONR also makes a good quick detailer concentrate and clay lube.
Yes, I will avoid using ONR if car is real dirty. I have been washing/waxing, and using Meguiar's Fast Finish every 7 to 10 days so the car is generally pretty clean. I bought both the ONR wash and shine and the ONR wash and wax. I will post when I get a chance to use each of these products.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had opticoat pro+ applied to my Macan, and this is what the detailer recommended I use to wash it. And like other people say, if it's really dirty just hose it down first.

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have not had a chance to use either ONR (wash & shine/wash & wax) that I purchased. If anyone has used ONR on their 718 please post.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I've used it a few times. My Megane RS265 is Opti-Coated so I have been using their wash products too. The local agent sent me some of this by mistake as I ordered the normal shampoo. He reckons that most people, including pro detailers, prefer the No Rinse version.

I think the key is to use a few mitts/microfibre towels in stages so that the dirt doesn't build up on a single mitt. Also for those of you who use the two bucket method, your rinse bucket shouldn't be plain water, it should be the same mixture as your wash bucket.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have used ONR and Griots Garage 'Rinseless Wash and Wax' products. They both work well although I prefer Griots. The key is common sense and the wash technique. Common sense is not to use it for thick mud and grime. Light to moderate dirt only. I use Gary Deans method with multiple pre-soaked, folded and clean microfiber towels in a 5 gallon bucket with 2 gallons of clean rinseless solution. Use one double folded microfiber towel per panel, flipping and re-folding every one or two swipes to always have clean portion of towel touching paint. Chucking into dirty pile when all folded portions are dirty (theoretically 8 sides) to throw into washing machine later, but not rinsing and using on car again. I also pre-spray with a concentrated 15:1 or so rinseless solution onto the dirtiest lower panels first. I always start from the top down by panel. This way dirty microfiber towels never touch the paint, it limits scratches and does a decent job. I use it only when I have to in cold weather mostly in my garage. I'll typically use about 8-10 (16 X 16) towels per car wash. It takes about 20-25 minutes once you get the hang of it.

·
Super Moderator
1,887 Posts
@Porsche2018: I use Optimum products almost exclusively, and have since discovering the company when it was tiny back in the early 2000s. I used some ONR on my car just last week about a day after rolling through some mud-flavored runoff mere minutes after having the car washed. The stuff is amazing. As with any cleaning agent, just be sure to use two clean microfibers: one to wipe (lightly) and one to buff. 0:)

Reactions: Porsche2018

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@Porsche2018: I use Optimum products almost exclusively, and have since discovering the company when it was tiny back in the early 2000s. I used some ONR on my car just last week about a day after rolling through some mud-flavored runoff mere minutes after having the car washed. The stuff is amazing. As with any cleaning agent, just be sure to use two clean microfibers: one to wipe (lightly) and one to buff. 0:)
Thank you my friend.....I intend to try it out real soon.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Anyone ever try WashWax All? It comes in blue (light cleanser), red (degreaser) and purple (nuclear-powered). You just spray on the blue stuff, wait a minute, wipe with a wet microfiber, and then a dry microfiber. I've used it on my airplane for 13 years and have always had good results. It seems to be known by pilots but not generally known in the car community...

·
Registered
274 Posts
I use Ultima Waterless Plus. Mix a cap full with water in a spray bottle for detailing spray and also to mist on a washed car before drying.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts