Porsche 718 Forum banner

Options Needed For Making Phone Calls

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Michael1 
#1 ·
I'm really confused by the Porsche system for making calls. Typically any new car these days has a button the steering wheel you press, and then you enter voice prompts to make a call. The Cayman doesn't come with any buttons on the steering wheel as standard equipment. It also lists an option called "Voice Control icw Navigation". Does this mean it doesn't come with any speech recognition either?

#2 ·
The base radio / PCM in my car still has bluetooth and I can make hands free calls, just have to initiate the call from the head unit. No buttons on my steering wheel, but I believe the optional multi-function wheel would give you what you're looking for.

I've not heard great reviews on the voice control system here, but you should try it if it's something you think you'll use regularly.

#3 ·
Voice control works but you need to experiment to find what it wants. To call a number, say "call number" and wait for a response to start saying the number. Once it's accepted, say "dial". It can also use the phone book in your phone. Just say "call Joe x" and it will either dial Joe x or bring up a list of names on the PCM.
It just takes practice to get it all correct. Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.