Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I placed the order for a 718 Boxter yesterday. Now the long wait for delivery :crying:

Should come in some time in December.

Previous car was a 2005 Z4 Bimmer that I bought brand new..sold it last week.

I'd post a picture of the build, but you guys must know what these look like :D

Ahhh what the heck!!

Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
Congratulations ! Can't wait to see the pictures when you get it. The anticipation is going to be a killer, especially when the time runs thin !

·
Registered
459 Posts
Glad you went with that interior color although it will have a higher chance of getting messier, but not impossible to prevent, as long as your proactive about keeping it clean.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Glad you went with that interior color although it will have a higher chance of getting messier, but not impossible to prevent, as long as your proactive about keeping it clean.
It's all leather so it shouldn't be that hard to keep clean

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congratulations ! Can't wait to see the pictures when you get it. The anticipation is going to be a killer, especially when the time runs thin !
What really sucks is they're gonna flatbed it to my garage in december and it'll be at least 4 months before all the salt is off the roads and I can drive it :crying:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Sounds like a good thing to me ! I'd rather it flat bedded straight to my garage than have to drive it home in the winter... I hate winter and everything it does to vehicles lol

·
Registered
459 Posts
That's what I would do too.

Just disconnect the battery, call up roadside assistance and tell them the car broke down and you need it towed home :D

Get home and connect the battery cables back.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's what I would do too.

Just disconnect the battery, call up roadside assistance and tell them the car broke down and you need it towed home :D

Get home and connect the battery cables back.

Nah..I worked the flat bed delivery into the sale 0:)

·
Registered
459 Posts
Nah..I worked the flat bed delivery into the sale 0:)
Golden, even better. That's the great thing about working things into the sale of a vehicle, they'll budge on certain things just to move the vehicle.

Did you end up getting anything else included?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Golden, even better. That's the great thing about working things into the sale of a vehicle, they'll budge on certain things just to move the vehicle.

Did you end up getting anything else included?
Not really..what else is there?

I've been trying to get a build date and today he said it's been secured for December with delivery in Jan/Feb...so I guess the Dec 16 delivery date is out the window :crying:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello

I've also ordered one on July 19th, timing is ticking very slowly... I am so excited...
I notice ypou didn't select the PDK Option. I hesitated a long time but finally I go for the PDK.
What did push you to go for a manual gear box?
cheers
Pierre

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hello

I've also ordered one on July 19th, timing is ticking very slowly... I am so excited...
I notice ypou didn't select the PDK Option. I hesitated a long time but finally I go for the PDK.
What did push you to go for a manual gear box?
cheers
Pierre

Honestly? I can't even fathom how anyone could drive a roadster without a six speed.

Everyone is different..I'm old school and there are things I can do with a manual that can't be done with an automatic (I checked)

Dropping from 5th to 3rd on exit ramps to take full advantage of engine braking ...can't do it with paddle shifters.

It's also a more positive feel...I'm directly connected to that engine by a clutch

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello All

I took delivery of my 718 yesterday. I had the 2013 Boxster before this. I only drove for less than 10 miles yesterday, but convinced this one will be special. My previous Boxster had manual transmission and this time around gone with PDK and Sports Chrono Package. Looking forward to next three years with this.

Cheers

Raj

1 - 17 of 17 Posts