Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Boxster 718S Graphite Blue
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordering a Cobb Accessport on Monday, tell me why I shouldn’t?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I have Apr and i cant tell you why you not should go with Cobb.
I got a great deal on Apr thats why i did not choose Cobb.
:)

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've read all of the Tune threads on this forum. Looking for clarification/ guidance. The warranty is 4-year/50,000-miles. I sometimes see 2 - 3 year old cars opting for tunes. (?)

The only thing I can assume is that these cars have over 50,000 miles, and therefore, out-of-warranty. Am I missing something? In other words, if your car is still under warranty, and you install a tune, is the warranty voided? Thanks much.

·
Registered
80 Posts
If there is a warranty related issue that can be associated (probably anything drive-train related) with having a tune, then yes, you will likely be denied warranty coverage. APR has a new warranty umbrella coverage for their tune (akin to what Dinan had/has with BMW). Allegedly it steps in for the remainder of the factory warranty-but there are exclusions. See their website.

·
Registered
35 Posts
If there is a warranty related issue that can be associated (probably anything drive-train related) with having a tune, then yes, you will likely be denied warranty coverage. APR has a new warranty umbrella coverage for their tune (akin to what Dinan had/has with BMW). Allegedly it steps in for the remainder of the factory warranty-but there are exclusions. See their website.
Thanks, and will do.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I read the other day that Cobb updated their 718 S tune? Aren't the numbers pretty much the same as APR now?
Yes I believe so and I’m not near apr tuners and the Cobb solution in a box is brilliant.

It’s ordered so waiting a week for delivery

Reactions: JazzCatGab

·
Registered
169 Posts
Are you talking about the Cobb v200 tune? Or is there something newer?

The dynos for the V200 tune on the Cobb website look a few steps behind the APR tune dynos. It would be great to dyno both on the same car.

dkmajm, are you going to dyno yours? I look forward to your review on an Australian spec car. Any chance you could find a private road to do 100-200kph runs before/after?

I have access to a dyno and I have APR dealers near me that offer the 30 money back. If I could "borrow" a Cobb, I might be able to dyno my car stock, Cobb and APR. If Cobb can get within a few % of APR or better, I would go the Cobb. If not, I would go the APR.

·
Registered
19 CGTS and 15 Macan S
75 Posts
I’m going with APR. I’m not doing their plus program since I like to mod other things on the car and I also track my car. Both of which are exclusions in their “plus” warranty program.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Are you talking about the Cobb v200 tune? Or is there something newer?

The dynos for the V200 tune on the Cobb website look a few steps behind the APR tune dynos. It would be great to dyno both on the same car.

dkmajm, are you going to dyno yours? I look forward to your review on an Australian spec car. Any chance you could find a private road to do 100-200kph runs before/after?

I have access to a dyno and I have APR dealers near me that offer the 30 money back. If I could "borrow" a Cobb, I might be able to dyno my car stock, Cobb and APR. If Cobb can get within a few % of APR or better, I would go the Cobb. If not, I would go the APR.
No plans to dyno, and in the nanny states of Australia I unfortunately have no access to private roads! Will post a report of the process and the results arrives this Friday!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
242 Posts
If you need any help feel free to reach out. We sell and tune a lot of these.

No plans to dyno, and in the nanny states of Australia I unfortunately have no access to private roads! Will post a report of the process and the results arrives this Friday!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yes I believe so and I’m not near apr tuners and the Cobb solution in a box is brilliant.

It’s ordered so waiting a week for delivery

So. You got the Cobb tune. What do you think? 1000 bucks. Worth it?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The real world improvements are certainly noticeable. The power is definitely upped, car more driveable and urgent. The power increase definitely doesn’t make the car scary, just a nice solid increase in oomph, I’m happy with it and will investigate the pdk remap before years end. Is it worth the money, well that is the $2100 Australian question. But at the end of the day you get usable improvement that’s hard to get any other way!...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts