Porsche 718 Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Porsche is not taking anymore 718 orders. Production has been suspended so the factory can be build GT’s and Spyders. 718 production will resume 2 qtr 2020.
This has been done previously and does not reflect on future of 718 which is needed to maintain fleet mileage emission limits.
...sigh.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Riiiight.

I'm saying this as a Moderator: Please don't post on this forum again until you actually have facts straight, then can use those facts to support your blather. Bias based on speculation and hearsay, and forming opinions based solely on others' opinions, has no place here.

As for your 'hate from the automotive media' quip in another post: funny how that 'hate' landed the 718 a place in Car&Driver's 10Best list, innit?

:: rolls eyes ::
Should a moderator drive off posters with this kind of reply? If the original poster had not posted what they believed was interesting information we would not have obtained the correct information from other posters. No need to play God. Who would post if the rules required meticulous research on every post. You may have driven off another poster so they will not return. I read but do not post due to the same rude approach.

·
Registered
188 Posts
rasetsu used phrases "I don't think" and "I think" in his post. Ergo, I did not feel misled. Just IMHO.

·
Registered
33 Posts
rasetsu used phrases "I don't think" and "I think" in his post. Ergo, I did not feel misled. Just IMHO.
Thank you! Glad someone was able to read my post fully! And I admitted to being wrong after as well.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Riiiight.

I'm saying this as a Moderator: Please don't post on this forum again until you actually have facts straight, then can use those facts to support your blather. Bias based on speculation and hearsay, and forming opinions based solely on others' opinions, has no place here.

As for your 'hate from the automotive media' quip in another post: funny how that 'hate' landed the 718 a place in Car&Driver's 10Best list, innit?

:: rolls eyes ::
WTF dude. As a moderator, you should have sent me a PM if you have a problem with what I said.

·
Super Moderator
1,488 Posts
WTF dude. As a moderator, you should have sent me a PM if you have a problem with what I said.
I apologize to the Forum for sounding forceful with my reaction to @rasetsu .

However, it's speculative, hearsay-based posts like his earlier in this thread that frequently derail cogent discussions. (If any of you have read P9 or rennlist for any length of time, you understand what I'm talking about.)

I decided to use it as an example. That is a form of moderation. (Again: If any of you have read P9 or rennlist for any length of time, you understand that the Mods there take the same approach on occasion -- the key phrase being 'on occasion'.) I use a light stick here most of the time. I suppose I should have chosen that stick here, too.

A PM would not have been appropriate. However, a PM to @orton is, and I will reach out.

·
Registered
35 Posts

·
Super Moderator
466 Posts
I can see two correlations with the cumulative (B+C) data for North America. Highs match stock market records and lows match lows (the sense of whether well to do Americans feel rich or not), combined with new generation introductions bringing increased interest. The last couple of years (stock market highs) do not agree with these correlations much.

Of course you can interpret this as 'the nouveau riche do not like the 718' :LOL: or that the stock market highs have a narrower audience lately.

Or, judging from the demographics of our little group, 'the well to do baby boomers are getting fewer and fewer..' ('the shots are getting closer' as an old high school class mate said upon hearing the news that another old classmate checked out...).

Valid considerations for Porsche to ponder as by year end they will have to decide whether the next generation of Boxster/Cayman will be powered by ICE, hybrid, or electric motors.

·
Registered
161 Posts
If there appears to be overstock in the market, it's quite likely that Porsche built up some safety stock for the dealers knowing that they'd have to halt production for a time while they swapped factories, hence some residual inventory out there.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts