Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone painted their emblem on the back? I am thinking of changing from the chrome to gloss black--any thoughts?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I could do that--and probably will--but I was wondering if anyone had DIY painted or Plasti Dip the emblem. What kind of results have people had? Any examples of a finished project?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Plasti Dip would be a safe and easy choice. I've seen examples of friends' chrome emblems to black Plasti Dip. It works well, looks good, and lasts long. There's tons of info and examples on the internet on this stuff. Try it, if you don't like it go the other route.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I found/read this post after I asked my question. This might be a good winter garage project. Then again I might just do as @trusted suggested and order the black gloss lettering from Suncoast and slap it it on.;)

·
Registered
476 Posts
don't be afraid of trying plastidip. it has a lot going for it.

it's cheap.
it's available at home depot.
easy to apply.
easy to remove.
won't cause any damage or leave a residue.
looks good.
if you screw it up totally just peel and start over.

i did the grille on a '12 fusion i had and it came out great. also did the targa bar on my 83 911 track car for an easy "paint job" and it came out great too.

·
Registered
638 Posts
What's involved in removing/installing these model designations? I'd like to swap-on the bright red "S' from Suncoast, I think it would look nice against Jet Black Metallic paint and pick-up the theme of the red brake calipers. Do they just snap in/out or is glue involved?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts