Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, the Park Assist on my 718 is not working. I get Park Assist warning on the dash and am unable to access the screen on the PCM. The overhead on/off button flashes red all the time including after pressing it. I’ve checked the sensor, polished them and there is nothing ‘getting in the way’ or loose. I read about metal number plates potentially being a problem, mine are plastic. Any ideas for what to try next? Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi, the Park Assist on my 718 is not working. I get Park Assist warning on the dash and am unable to access the screen on the PCM. The overhead on/off button flashes red all the time including after pressing it. I’ve checked the sensor, polished them and there is nothing ‘getting in the way’ or loose. I read about metal number plates potentially being a problem, mine are plastic. Any ideas for what to try next? Thanks
Did it just stop working or did you change something just before it stopped working?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, it worked perfectly well, prior to this morning. The car had been washed since I last drove it. A high pressure gun had been used but this is how it is usually done. There is no sign of damage to any of the sensors.

·
Registered
11 Posts
How long ago was it washed? I suspect the water has created an issue, but it might be temporary until it dries out if done recently. It surely sounds like a sensor has developed a fault.

Can you tell if it is front or rear sensor? I have both on my US car. Not being able to access the display is a weird one though. That would make me think it is more a control system issue than an individual sensor.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, it was washed 4 days ago and whilst is is wet here in the U.K., I suspect it will have dried out properly over that time. The car has all round sensors so I can’t tell if it is front or rear.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have a 2017 718 Boxster with park assist in the rear only. The picture has been very clear until two weeks ago. I have a nano coating and just power wash it and dry. The picture on the screen is now very cloudy looking almost like in a fog. I washed it about 2 weeks ago. I wiped down the sensors but nothing changed. I also think water may have gotten into them. Unfortunately it is still cloudy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts