Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any way to configure the 12v plug in the passenger footwell to be switched with the car's ignition?

I'm planning on wiring my radar detector into the mirror at some point, but for now it's annoying to have to turn it off manually.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I don't know if there is a way to configure this diy. The car cuts power to the 12v outlets after 30min...that's good enough for me. Maybe a dealer can change the timer setting using their PIWIS?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Reactions: chester7

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any way to configure the 12v plug in the passenger footwell to be switched with the car's ignition?

I'm planning on wiring my radar detector into the mirror at some point, but for now it's annoying to have to turn it off manually.
I have a 2017 VW GTI and the lighter sockets can be switched to cut on & off with the key or always on by changing it's fuse position. I just have to pull the fuse out and put it in the next higher or lower position on the fuse box.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.