Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is probably on every model of Porsche, but if I'm driving along any uneven road surface, the seat belt buckle either hits the side of the seat or the plastic on the pillar between the doors.
Solution is just to plug the seat belt in when there's no passenger, but it's just a small annoyance. I think Porsche could do better there as in my last 911, there were signs of damage around those areas.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Yeah, every time I've had someone in the passenger seat, I have to lean across and raise the metal clip bit, with the plastic retainer thingy bit underneath, to the top so it's not dangling loose and able to rattle.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I used to buckle the passenger seat belt until I noticed the lil plastic thing that slides up to keep the buckle from moving.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For that purpose there is a plastic clip thingy that needs to be pushed all the way up to secure the buckle and stop it from rattling.
Quite right, I just checked and it's about 8 inches down from the top, I think it's moving by itself :eek:

·
Registered
2018 Cayman GTS
222 Posts
can someone take a photo to close up this old thread, because mine just started rattling today. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2019 base Cayman
1,390 Posts
can someone take a photo to close up this old thread, because mine just started rattling today. Thanks.
From the Good to Know app:

Reactions: cerbomark

·
Registered
52 Posts
I bought a device on Amazon that easily cured this problem. It’s called universal car safety belt buckle cover, costs 7.99 for 2 and installs in about one minute. Installed them over a year ago and the noise immediately went away.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts