Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello to all members,

Since I've had a good cooperation with some members on this forum,I would like to offer my services here.

Those include:

1) Carplay activation
2) Android Auto activation
3) Navigation Activation - if your car left factory without it.
3) Maps license extension
4) Maps update to 2020/2021 currently.

Tools needed:

1) D-Link DUB-E100 or Jue130 USB to ethernet adapter.
2) Laptop with Windows
3) Teamviewer
3) Empty SD card
4) Your time
5) GPS antenna installation in case navigation is activated so you can have GPS coverage.

Optionally we can also perform a firmware update to your unit.

If anyone is interested you can contact me via PM.
During the work I use Whatsapp.

Kind regards,
Sima

·
Registered
107 Posts
Sima upgraded my 2018 Cayman S for CarPlay, and it works great. Five stars! Let me know if you have questions.

Cap

·
Registered
48 Posts
Does Android Auto once activated (PCM 4.0) display info on the MFD ?
No. Factory Carplay doesn't do it, either. I had that on a couple non-Porsche cars and it was handy for navigation.

One thing that is nice is if you have factory voice control then a long press of the voice control button on the turn signal stalk will activate Google Assistant or Siri.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Does anyone know if there is there any risk of this effecting warranty? (specifically on the PCM or other electronics). I have a 2018 with nav but no CarPlay and I’d love to add this option but I’m concerned about potential warranty issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Does anyone know if there is there any risk of this effecting warranty? (specifically on the PCM or other electronics). I have a 2018 with nav but no CarPlay and I’d love to add this option but I’m concerned about potential warranty issues.

No risk involved,doesnt void warranty,because it is done the OEM way.Your unit will have the 00060900 code inside it,like it was activated from the factory.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Another satisfied customer! As soon as I had my adaptor I messaged Sima through WhatsAp and he was immediately available to do the programming. In around 20 minutes I had CarPlay working in my 2018 Cayman S and he also provided me with the file for 2020/2021 nav maps for my PCM which I updated last night.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Satisfied customer! i messaged sima once i received my adapter and he started working right away. We had a problem that my PCM was not accepting the code but he was patient. He took the time to make sure that everything went through. I also received the file for the 2020/2021 nav maps for my PCM but currently have not updated yet. I will update it soon. Definitely worth the buy if you want the ease and functionality of apple carplay.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Sorry but not easy for me to understand from 2pics ...
Can you be more explicit ?
Thx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 178 Posts