Porsche 718 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Jue130 or D-Link DUB-E100 are hard to find in my area.
What could others do the job? The Jue130 has AX88172 chipset, but Jue130 has the AX88179
Any adaptor using those chipsets should work?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
For members interested to retrofit navigation here is the GPS antenna that works.
I use it in my car for 2 years already,not a single problem.

It was more expensive 2 years ago but its very cheap now.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Jue130 or D-Link DUB-E100 are hard to find in my area.
What could others do the job? The Jue130 has AX88172 chipset, but Jue130 has the AX88179
Any adaptor using those chipsets should work?
I ordered my Jue30 directly from the manufacturer and received it the next day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
260 Posts
I just got my JUE130 in the mail. How can i check if it works?

·
Registered
594 Posts
@simaservis1108 - Thank you for another succesfull install on a late 2018 build CGTS.

I had some internet issues (car parked at the extreme range of my router). This meant my laptop's wifi / teamviewer disconnected from time to time. He was very patient and through whatsapp chat he guided me through the process and prompted me to re-connect to wifi.

I used an empty laptop with all personal files and identifying details removed (precaution). I watched the team viewer screen at all times and nothing was accessed other than file explorer (SD Card and C drive downloaded file ). I have zero hesitation recommending @simaservis1108 services!

·
Registered
2017 718 Boxster - Graphite Blue Metallic
74 Posts
Ditto, thank @simaservis1108 from my end as well.

Incredibly patient as we worked to find / create a viable ethernet adapter. Absolutely fantastic communication and didn't give up until we found the right hardware and got everything updated!

·
Registered
58 Posts
This sounds great...I'm considering doing it, but want to understand what the advantages are of using Android Auto. I don't really care about much beyond the updated maps and the ability to have it read my texts to me outloud (so I don't get distracted from driving). Can someone tell me if the texting thing works?

Also, I have a Samsung Galaxy s10e. I don't want to connect with a cable to make Android Auto work. Does it connect wirelessly? I already have my phone paired to the Porsche...but need to know if it'll do the same thing with Android Auto.

·
Registered
21 Posts
This sounds great...I'm considering doing it, but want to understand what the advantages are of using Android Auto. I don't really care about much beyond the updated maps and the ability to have it read my texts to me outloud (so I don't get distracted from driving). Can someone tell me if the texting thing works?

Also, I have a Samsung Galaxy s10e. I don't want to connect with a cable to make Android Auto work. Does it connect wirelessly? I already have my phone paired to the Porsche...but need to know if it'll do the same thing with Android Auto.
I know you can use google maps, Waze, and many other android apps on your PCM. You also can give orders using google home voice commands.

·
Registered
68 Posts

99% certain it is not wireless AA but if I find out different after getting with Sima and having my car done, I'll let you know. In my wife's car, I have my phone paired and her car has AA. What happens is that when I get in her car, it connects the phone via bluetooth and then the phone prompts me to plug in if I want AA. So the phone can still be connected for normal Bluetooth phone and audio feed without being plugged in but if you want AA and the AA interface, you have to plug it in.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Amazon has a ton of adapters but all I can find do wireless CarPlay and wired Android Auto (which is redundant if you get Sima to activate AA in your car. At that point, you just plug straight into the car's USB port and you have wired AA.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts