Porsche 718 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 101 Posts

Registered
Hmm...that's disappointing...I don't want to have that long USB cable hanging out of my glove compartment to connect this up. I also use the USB port for downloaded music on a USB stick. I really only wanted the ability to have my car read texts to me.

I suppose I'll keep my eyes on new developments before I go this route. Thanks, guys. Thanks, Sima for developing this. :)

Registered
Also, I have a Samsung Galaxy s10e. I don't want to connect with a cable to make Android Auto work. Does it connect wirelessly?
No wireless connection yet, but if this ever comes out, it may be interesting:
I also have Galaxy s10 and AA enabled but only use the map function. Never text and rarely answer calls. But maps works great.

That being said - an other 馃憤for @simaservis1108
I had my factory NAV and voice control enabled last night. Easy process, and it works great. Removing my ROIK device today. 馃榾

Registered
I wonder if the USB port in the under the arm rest where the phone signal amplifier is located can be used for AA.

Registered
I wonder if the USB port in the under the arm rest where the phone signal amplifier is located can be used for AA.
Yes it can. I use it regularly. My car was ordered with Carplay from the factory, Not sure if that may matter.

Registered
Question about messages (WhatsApp and Signal). When pressing a message I am prompted to change the privacy settings in the PCM. Other than the privacy mode in the binnacle (un-ticked) there are no other privacy settings I'm aware of. I've searched the Porsche Good to Know app and nothing either. Had anyone got this working and or what privacy settings is this referring to?

Registered
Sima, How do I PM you or use WhatsApp? I installed Whatapps. but it seems to want a phone number.

Hello to all members,

Since I've had a good cooperation with some members on this forum,I would like to offer my services here.

Those include:

1) Carplay activation
2) Android Auto activation
3) Navigation Activation - if your car left factory without it.
3) Maps license extension
4) Maps update to 2020/2021 currently.

Tools needed:

1) D-Link DUB-E100 or Jue130 USB to ethernet adapter.
2) Laptop with Windows
3) Teamviewer
3) Empty SD card
4) Your time
5) GPS antenna installation in case navigation is activated so you can have GPS coverage.

Optionally we can also perform a firmware update to your unit.

If anyone is interested you can contact me via PM.
During the work I use Whatsapp.

Kind regards,
Sima

Registered
No wireless connection yet, but if this ever comes out, it may be interesting:
I also have Galaxy s10 and AA enabled but only use the map function. Never text and rarely answer calls. But maps works great.

That being said - an other 馃憤for @simaservis1108
I had my factory NAV and voice control enabled last night. Easy process, and it works great. Removing my ROIK device today. 馃榾
Which ROiK model did you have installed... not happy with it or simply easier with AA?

Registered
Which ROiK model did you have installed... not happy with it or simply easier with AA?
I had the MIB-2. That is one "version" before the current one. The same as what @hkginlax documented the install for here:
Android Module Added | Porsche 718 Forum
It was ok, but the AA is more than enough for me. And now that I have the factory maps enabled by @simaservis1108 - I can't use it anyway. No more "long press" on the Map/Nav button :)
_20210116_180652.jpg
The unit (with a set of cables I did not even use, because I got 2 sets) is available for $50 plus shipping for anyone interested.

Registered
I had the MIB-2. That is one "version" before the current one. The same as what @hkginlax documented the install for here:
Android Module Added | Porsche 718 Forum
It was ok, but the AA is more than enough for me. And now that I have the factory maps enabled by @simaservis1108 - I can't use it anyway. No more "long press" on the Map/Nav button :)
View attachment 29782
The unit (with a set of cables I did not even use, because I got 2 sets) is available for $50 plus shipping for anyone interested.
PM sent...

Registered
2017 718 Boxster - Graphite Blue Metallic
USB only in the armrest if factory CarPlay was optioned.

If added by coding the PCM, CarPlay will be enabled via the USB in the glovebox (which can be connected directly to the phone, or through a wireless device like CarPlay2Air or Carlinkit).

I don't have a USB port under the arm rest...mine is a 2017 base model. Unless it's hidden somewhere...

Registered
Hello to all members,

Since I've had a good cooperation with some members on this forum,I would like to offer my services here.

Those include:

1) Carplay activation
2) Android Auto activation
3) Navigation Activation - if your car left factory without it.
3) Maps license extension
4) Maps update to 2020/2021 currently.

Tools needed:

1) D-Link DUB-E100 or Jue130 USB to ethernet adapter.
2) Laptop with Windows
3) Teamviewer
3) Empty SD card
4) Your time
5) GPS antenna installation in case navigation is activated so you can have GPS coverage.

Optionally we can also perform a firmware update to your unit.

If anyone is interested you can contact me via PM.
During the work I use Whatsapp.

Kind regards,
Sima

Registered
Just got a 2017 Boxster S that has Navigation. Only has Apple Carplay... can you add Android Auto? How do I know I have the latest maps?

Thanks,
Ana

Registered
Question about messages (WhatsApp and Signal). When pressing a message I am prompted to change the privacy settings in the PCM. Other than the privacy mode in the binnacle (un-ticked) there are no other privacy settings I'm aware of. I've searched the Porsche Good to Know app and nothing either. Had anyone got this working and or what privacy settings is this referring to?
I'm not in the habbit to reply to my own posts but here goes. With a number of you now on AA, has anyone got Whatsapp to work on the PCM? What privacy settings are these?

Registered
2020 Boxster 718
Thanks, Sima for spending time activating AA for my 2020 Boxster! So far so good!

@Nosmo - WhatsApp works fine via AA.

Registered
@Sebby - thanks for letting me know. I will need to have a fiddle to find out what setting this is. One question for you (and others if I may). Have you denied any permissions?

Registered
@Sebby - thanks for letting me know. I will need to have a fiddle to find out what setting this is. One question for you (and others if I may). Have you denied any permissions?
If you have notification privacy turned on in the phone, AA don't seem to work quite right.

41 - 60 of 101 Posts