Porsche 718 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Another recommendation for simaservis1108

He enabled my Nav yesterday and it is working great. He was very patient as I had a slow old laptop and slow internet connection due to a power outage.

If anyone wants to borrow my Dlink DUB-E100 to do an upgrade, let me know and I would be happy to share it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
+1 for Sima. He's great. Super fast, and patient with my technology goofs. Very reasonable prices for the service provided. I got Android Auto, Navigation, and Voice Control enabled on my 2021 GT4. Everything is working great, and it's fantastic being able to have Android Auto in my car. Highly recommend his services to anyone interested.

·
Registered
2017 718 Boxster - Graphite Blue Metallic
123 Posts
Did you install the physical stalk for voice control? Curious how that went if so.

+1 for Sima. He's great. Super fast, and patient with my technology goofs. Very reasonable prices for the service provided. I got Android Auto, Navigation, and Voice Control enabled on my 2021 GT4. Everything is working great, and it's fantastic being able to have Android Auto in my car. Highly recommend his services to anyone interested.

·
Registered
593 Posts
@simaservis1108 I saw your list of available services at the beginning of the thread... and would like to ask about something a little different.

In my car I opted for the Smartphone compartment, this removed the AUX jack in the glove compartment (also removing it from the PCM screen as an option), can this be added back into the PCM and would you know if and which pins on the back of the PCM are for this audio input?

Right now I have to reply on BT for audio in from an external device, an AUX connection would be handy.

Thanks!

·
Registered
593 Posts
Sure we can do that,no problems.
Cool, assuming you would need the same type of access like when adding other PCM functions?

I found the part number for the jack but I need to determine if it comes with the proper wires to connect to the PCM(?) before we can proceed.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Another recommendation for @simaservis1108 - hooked me up with AA which is what I desperately wanted as well as enabling Nav and Speech control. Finally got to drive it today and see AA in action and it works just like I hoped.
How does speech control work if you don't have the button to trigger it? Is it an always on mic that triggers Google Assistant with "Hey Google" ?
I finally got a Windows laptop to do the coding and will be scheduling with sima next.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Cool, assuming you would need the same type of access like when adding other PCM functions?

I found the part number for the jack but I need to determine if it comes with the proper wires to connect to the PCM(?) before we can proceed.

View attachment 30017
It goes to quadlock.
I will send you in PM schematic.

·
Registered
77 Posts
How does speech control work if you don't have the button to trigger it? Is it an always on mic that triggers Google Assistant with "Hey Google" ?
I finally got a Windows laptop to do the coding and will be scheduling with sima next.
My car is 2021 which includes the button (as well as a Nav antenna wired into the radio). Like the AA functionality that is baked into the radio (which is shared with Audi and which is offered as an option by Audi), all of this is there, it is just not activated and Sima is able to go in and activate it. I would have been willing to pay Porsche for the option if they offered but they didn't and Sima did and he was great to work with.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Another successful AA activation by Sima! Took all only 30 minutes end to end!
You can speed things up if you have TeamViewer and Putty pre-installed on your Windows laptop :)

AA takes a little longer to load up compared to CarPlay (15 seconds from car start and phone plugged in) but everything works just fine. Long press the voice control button on the signal stalk and you get Google Assistant.

Thanks Sima!

61 - 80 of 101 Posts