Porsche 718 Forum banner

101 - 120 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just spec Carplay and its enough.
Newer cars come with GPS antenna preinstalled,so all other options can be enabled.
Maps,Navi,Voice Control,Android Auto etc.
I'm also interessed in Navi, but don't want to open PCM and have such an ugly antena in my front... Do you know how to find out if GPS is preinstalled? I have a 2019 718.

·
Registered
107 Posts
FYI, after Sima enabled Apple CarPlay on my Cayman, I bought the Carlinkit v2 and plugged it into the port in the glovebox. It connects immediately and works flawlessly with my phone. I put my phone in the center console, and use a short charging cable and a cigarette-lighter-to-usb converter. No fuss no muss.

·
Registered
2017 718 Boxster - Graphite Blue Metallic
128 Posts
FYI, after Sima enabled Apple CarPlay on my Cayman, I bought the Carlinkit v2 and plugged it into the port in the glovebox. It connects immediately and works flawlessly with my phone. I put my phone in the center console, and use a short charging cable and a cigarette-lighter-to-usb converter. No fuss no muss.
If you’re phone supports wireless charging this fits in the console and makes life even better...

Wireless Charger car Wireless Charging pad qi 10W Quick Charger Thin Wireless car Charger Charging pad Wireless Phone Charger 7.5W/5W Wireless Charging Station Dock glaxys9 Charger s8 s6s7 note8(C3) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GZZX37...abc_PAD974QKTR61KW7FHYXA?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

·
Registered
596 Posts
Yes,I saw it.

Good news for my European clients is that we have a Google Earth fix firmware.

It is confirmed and tested and it reactivates the Google Earth as the way it was before.
Hi, good to hear you've fixed it. Can you do it on installs you have already done?

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Guys... @simaservis1108 did my car the the other day. I now have NAV, Maps and Apple CarPlay. This is an amazing service!

I did find that my car does not have the GPS antenna so I've got one coming, but can confirm all features are there and working. Only strange thing I'm finding is that my time keeps setting to L.A. time? But that's also where the car thinks it is until I get the antenna installed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just picked up my 2018 718 GTS, and I'm wondering what the requirements for CarPlay are? I have navigation etc, but no USB port in the arm-rest. Car recognizes my phone as an "iPod" when I plug it in via USB in the glove box.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
I just picked up my 2018 718 GTS, and I'm wondering what the requirements for CarPlay are? I have navigation etc, but no USB port in the arm-rest. Car recognizes my phone as an "iPod" when I plug it in via USB in the glove box.
You already got everything needed,so just need activation.

·
Registered
2017 Cayman S
18 Posts
Guys... @simaservis1108 did my car the the other day. I now have NAV, Maps and Apple CarPlay. This is an amazing service!

I did find that my car does not have the GPS antenna so I've got one coming, but can confirm all features are there and working. Only strange thing I'm finding is that my time keeps setting to L.A. time? But that's also where the car thinks it is until I get the antenna installed.
Have you installed your GPS antenna yet? Mine comes in tomorrow and I assume it’s a plug immediately behind the PCM,

but where did you physically mount the antenna? On top of the dash or hidden somewhere behind PCM?

thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Here are the pics... I removed the cover behind the mirror, on the right side there’s an empty spot on that’s direct access to the glass. This area of glass is not visible from exterior and based on the fit of the GPS puck I assumed it is the OEM location. Routed wire along headliner, down A-pillar behind fuse block and behind the carpet at the fire wall. Found access from behind carpet up into the radio area and attached to radio.

It will take 20-30min of driving around for the antenna to get good satellite locks and start displaying correctly.

·
Registered
2017 Cayman S
18 Posts
Here are the pics... I removed the cover behind the mirror, on the right side there’s an empty spot on ...
SUPER CLEAN! 🙌🙌🙌
Ok going to go this route! Let’s hope my GPS antenna wire is long enough!

thanks for posting up Hoosier

101 - 120 of 171 Posts