Porsche 718 Forum banner

121 - 140 of 204 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the tools, I want to activate.
My 718 Cayman 2020 with no carplay and NAV, in mainland China. Is it possible to activate?
Thanks.

·
Registered
2017 Cayman S
20 Posts
Thanks to @simaservis1108 for another great upgrade! Awesome communications and highly recommended! Unlocked Apple car play, Navi and updated to 2021 maps!
Also thanks to @HooosierDaddy for showing where I should install the GPS antenna!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Anyone here having issues with Android 11 and AA?
No major issues at all. The only minor weirdness/annoyance is occasionally I have to re-pair bluetooth when I get in the car. This is simply starting the car before even pulling the phone out of my pocket. Simple thing to just click accept/pair and off I go.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Guys... @simaservis1108 did my car the the other day. I now have NAV, Maps and Apple CarPlay. This is an amazing service!

I did find that my car does not have the GPS antenna so I've got one coming, but can confirm all features are there and working. Only strange thing I'm finding is that my time keeps setting to L.A. time? But that's also where the car thinks it is until I get the antenna installed.
Did you not get the Nav pkg with your car? Is that the reason you don't have GPS?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Hello to all members,

Since I've had a good cooperation with some members on this forum,I would like to offer my services here.

Those include:

1) Carplay activation
2) Android Auto activation
3) Navigation Activation - if your car left factory without it.
3) Maps license extension
4) Maps update to 2020/2021 currently.

Tools needed:

1) D-Link DUB-E100 or Jue130 USB to ethernet adapter.
2) Laptop with Windows
3) Teamviewer
3) Empty SD card
4) Your time
5) GPS antenna installation in case navigation is activated so you can have GPS coverage.

Optionally we can also perform a firmware update to your unit.

If anyone is interested you can contact me via PM.
During the work I use Whatsapp.

Kind regards,
Sima
What size SD card is required?
Thanks!

·
Registered
332 Posts
To send a pm to simaservis is it a ‘start conversation’ under his avatar how we do it, thanks?

·
Registered
332 Posts
I've got Nav so I should be all set.
Thanks!
Hi, been following this thread about nav, carplay and 2021 map updates. I’m interested but can you please clarify what I will gain?
ive a CS 2018 with OEM nav but connect subscription expired
ive fitted a CarPlay 2.0 adapter in the console USB socket and this works to link my iPhone 12 Pro to my nav unit and works quite well.
im Googling android auto after this 🤔

Reactions: Pat

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Hi, been following this thread about nav, carplay and 2021 map updates. I’m interested but can you please clarify what I will gain?
ive a CS 2018 with OEM nav but connect subscription expired
ive fitted a CarPlay 2.0 adapter in the console USB socket and this works to link my iPhone 12 Pro to my nav unit and works quite well.
im Googling android auto after this 🤔
I would do it to get both Android Auto and CarPlay.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Hello to all members,

Since I've had a good cooperation with some members on this forum,I would like to offer my services here.

Those include:

1) Carplay activation
2) Android Auto activation
3) Navigation Activation - if your car left factory without it.
3) Maps license extension
4) Maps update to 2020/2021 currently.

Tools needed:

1) D-Link DUB-E100 or Jue130 USB to ethernet adapter.
2) Laptop with Windows
3) Teamviewer
3) Empty SD card
4) Your time
5) GPS antenna installation in case navigation is activated so you can have GPS coverage.

Optionally we can also perform a firmware update to your unit.

If anyone is interested you can contact me via PM.
During the work I use Whatsapp.

Kind regards,
Sima
I presume we need an ethernet cable long enough to run from the laptop to the USB to Ethernet adaptor. Just confirming for the fun of it!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Please clarify about the additional voice command feature. I already have NAV and already have factory activated CarPlay. I’ve got the USB port in the armrest for wired CarPlay and I have the voice button at the end of the stalk.
When you say that voice command can be added, do you mean Hey Siri with the voice button, or are you referring to the Porsche voice command option whereby you can dial your phone and give commands separate from CarPlay. Pretty sure voice command was a separate option in 2018 separate from CarPlay.
I never use CarPlay but would like to be able to use voice commands with a Bluetooth connected phone like in my other cars (Toyota for example). Not sure a list of what commands are available but even a “dial 12345” kind of option would be nice.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Great service and help by simaservis1108,
connected to my laptop in the car, checked everything and all done remotely by him, all I had to do was insert SD cards and connect laptop to glovebox USB, oh and we also confirmed
another usb/Ethernet adaptor that will work for this process, pics B9497BF2-C371-4EB8-8EC4-677DBEA2A330.jpeg 7449E316-DF84-4D9F-A53E-9745E5AE125B.jpeg

·
Registered
11 Posts
My CarPlay (wired and wireless) stopped working today on the way home, said it couldn't find the wireless dongle at first. So I connected directly with a cable (two different cables) and it just wasn't turning on. Anybody have the same issue? Tried turning the car off and on, forgetting bluetooth, etc.

Using the Carlinkit Wireless CarPlay dongle.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Guys... @simaservis1108 did my car the the other day. I now have NAV, Maps and Apple CarPlay. This is an amazing service!

I did find that my car does not have the GPS antenna so I've got one coming, but can confirm all features are there and working. Only strange thing I'm finding is that my time keeps setting to L.A. time? But that's also where the car thinks it is until I get the antenna installed.
Agreed. Sima did mine today and CarPlay works perfectly. I have a 2017 718 and just needed software activation. Sim was quick, patient, and everything went smoothly.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Does anyone know if cars that came equipped with car plan and Porsche connect have a GPS antenna or would one have to be added to use Nav?

121 - 140 of 204 Posts