Porsche 718 Forum banner

141 - 160 of 204 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
Does anyone know if cars that came equipped with car plan and Porsche connect have a GPS antenna or would one have to be added to use Nav?
you could pull the radio out and see if one is plugged in. Only takes a couple minutes to get it out and you'll know for sure. You're looking for a blue connector at the (looking at the face of radio) lower right hand corner on the back.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Had not seen this thread before. Super nice we can get Android Auto! A few questions:

-Where exactly in the car do we have to connect the laptop? Is it necessary to remove any panel or piece of equipment?

-When driving and running AA with Waze or Maps, if the cell is connected via USB will it be able to recharge its battery? While I use Waze on my cell's screen, I have to plug it into the cigarette-lighter. If I plug it into the USB port, it will try to recharge but the amperage is so low that the cell running Waze (and screen on with max brightness) will drain the battery quicker than the USB port will be able to charge it. I assume that when using AA, since the cell's screen is off, it should not drain the battery that much. Is that so?

- Regarding the required SD card. Is it supposed to be used only during installation or will it have to be left in the PCM's SD slot forever?

Thanks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Had not seen this thread before. Super nice we can get Android Auto! A few questions:

-Where exactly in the car do we have to connect the laptop? Is it necessary to remove any panel or piece of equipment?

-When driving and running AA with Waze or Maps, if the cell is connected via USB will it be able to recharge its battery? While I use Waze on my cell's screen, I have to plug it into the cigarette-lighter. If I plug it into the USB port, it will try to recharge but the amperage is so low that the cell running Waze (and screen on with max brightness) will drain the battery quicker than the USB port will be able to charge it. I assume that when using AA, since the cell's screen is off, it should not drain the battery that much. Is that so?

- Regarding the required SD card. Is it supposed to be used only during installation or will it have to be left in the PCM's SD slot forever?

Thanks!
Nothing has to be taken apart. Follow instruction the guy is going to give you. He uses whatapp to communicate real time. No SD card just for install time. And yes you need your phone connected to USB incenter console to have car play and android auto. I have no issues with charging. Use it every day

·
Registered
888 Posts

Thanks!
No panels need to be removed, you plug in a suitable USB-ethernet adaptor into the USB socket in the glove box.

Yes when connected to the USB port in the center console the cell battery recharges at the same time and the cell screen is off but you have to disable battery saving features for waze. The SD card is only required for install but it seems for some AA activations like mine it was not required.

I think maybe there is some better details and photos on this thread:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #146 ·

Thanks!
It is not necessary to remove anything.Connection is done via the USB port.

It will recharge battery.

SD card doesn't need to inside all the time.

Also I dont have any affiliation with Unichip-tec

No panels need to be removed, you plug in a suitable USB-ethernet adaptor into the USB socket in the glove box.

Yes when connected to the USB port in the center console the cell battery recharges at the same time and the cell screen is off but you have to disable battery saving features for waze. The SD card is only required for install but it seems for some AA activations like mine it was not required.

I think maybe there is some better details and photos on this thread:

Please remove this post from my thread because I have no affiliation to this company.

·
Registered
888 Posts
It is not necessary to remove anything.Connection is done via the USB port.

It will recharge battery.

SD card doesn't need to inside all the time.

Also I dont have any affiliation with Unichip-tec

Please remove this post from my thread because I have no affiliation to this company.
Sorry I didn't realise this was a Vendor sponsored thread but I'm sure a moderator can delete my post for you as I'm not able to delete it. In any case I thought the other post had helpful info and these forums are about learning and sharing information.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #148 ·
Sorry I didn't realise this was a Vendor sponsored thread but I'm sure a moderator can delete my post for you as I'm not able to delete it. In any case I thought the other post had helpful info and these forums are about learning and sharing information.
No harm intended,just people mix me up and it creates a confusion :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Guys, just had an afternoon session with Simaservis1108 right now.

Yes, he activated Android Auto in my 718 Boxster 2020 successfully !

Sima thank you very much.

My recommendation for a great service.

WhatsApp Image 2021-04-10 at 18.02.07.jpeg

·
Registered
2019 Boxster GTS, 2018 M5, prior '16 M2, '15 Q7, '13 Q8L, '04 A4 Cab, '03 RS6, '00 A6, '97 M3, '94 3
20 Posts
Hi, New user here and as such I am not allowed to send any private messages. Odd forum. I could not find out how many posts I have to do before I get that privilege.

Anyway, I was able to piece together some of my answers to some of my questions. But this one. How much do you charge and how does payment get done?

Mike

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #154 ·
Hi, New user here and as such I am not allowed to send any private messages. Odd forum. I could not find out how many posts I have to do before I get that privilege.

Anyway, I was able to piece together some of my answers to some of my questions. But this one. How much do you charge and how does payment get done?

Mike
Sent you a PM.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello to all members,

Since I've had a good cooperation with some members on this forum,I would like to offer my services here.

Those include:

1) Carplay activation
2) Android Auto activation
3) Navigation Activation - if your car left factory without it.
3) Maps license extension
4) Maps update to 2020/2021 currently.

Tools needed:

1) D-Link DUB-E100 or Jue130 USB to ethernet adapter.
2) Laptop with Windows
3) Teamviewer
3) Empty SD card
4) Your time
5) GPS antenna installation in case navigation is activated so you can have GPS coverage.

Optionally we can also perform a firmware update to your unit.

If anyone is interested you can contact me via PM.
During the work I use Whatsapp.

Kind regards,
Sima
Do you provide these services for 2017 carrera (aka 991.2)? I have one with NAV and Apple carplay, looking to get Android Auto on it.

·
Registered
2019 Boxster GTS, 2018 M5, prior '16 M2, '15 Q7, '13 Q8L, '04 A4 Cab, '03 RS6, '00 A6, '97 M3, '94 3
20 Posts
Checked with Boss, he said no problem, I have teamviewer working, the netbook has Ethernet and SD slot. LOL. it's battery is a bit DEAD but it runs fine. And I did not get a message from Bill Gates telling me that I MUST UPGRADE to windows 10. LOL. I ordered the adapter. I have plenty of SD cards. and of course the item NOT on the list, the Cat5 wire to connect the two. :)

Mike

141 - 160 of 204 Posts